As part of Valeria’s vision for the hotel, a heavy emphasis has been placed on offering a high-quality dining experience, and a top-notch spa and wellness element. The culinary offering at Grantley Hall has already been acknowledged by Relais & Chateaux, with Michelin-starred (and Yorkshire born) chef Shaun Rankin overseeing the menus at the signature fine-dining restaurant. Traditional fare can be enjoyed in a relaxed setting overlooking the parkland at Fletchers, or - for a complete change of scene - head to dazzling Bar & Restaurant EightyEight for sophisticated Pan Asian cuisine and cocktails. Norton’s Bar offers more of a classic pub setting, while Valeria’s champagne and cocktail bar exudes Art Deco elegance.
The wellness facilities at Grantley Hall are equally impressive. The Three Graces Spa is an expansive complex boasting a heated pool, indoor-to-outdoor hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and snow room. The selection of treatments on offer is vast, ranging from soothing signature massages and wraps to Reiki and Kundalini healing, and internationally acclaimed spa rituals from Natura Bissé and Jennifer Young.
Despite the wealth of reasons to stay indoors, the great outdoors will of course also beckon during your time at Grantley Hall. Guests can take advantage of hiking, cycling and fishing in the spectacular natural surroundings, or more sedate pursuits within the 30-acre estate itself, such as croquet and clay pigeon shooting.
- Spa devotees
- Lovers of the great outdoors
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Savour a quintessential afternoon tea in the opulent Main Hall
- Explore the extensive landscaped grounds and parklands, manicured lawns and Japanese Gardens
- Experience world-class wellness in the Three Graces Spa
- Go fly fishing on the River Skell within the hotel’s grounds, or set out for a day of trout and salmon fishing on the River Ure
- Take a warming dip in the marble surrounded swimming pool
- Sip on a Gin Fizz at Valeria’s Bar, transporting you back to the heady days of 1920s glitz, glamour and grace.
- Embark upon a wine tasting in the dedicated wine room
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Discover the medieval city of York with its majestic Minster, charming independent boutiques on the Shambles and extraordinary views from the castle
- Visit Castle Howard, one of England’s greatest stately homes, recognisable as the setting for Brideshead Revisited
- Hop aboard the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, transporting you back in time, and including a stop at the original Hogsmeade Station from the Harry Potter films
- Try your hand at clay pigeon shooting on a nearby prime shooting estate
- Explore the memorable Yorkshire Dales countryside on two wheels
- Visit the Hepworth Gallery in Wakefield, celebrating the work of Barbara Hepworth, one of the 20th century’s most important sculptors