Hotel interiors offer the perfect juxtaposition of the traditional and the modern - with all the elements of understated luxury one would expect from a Rocco Forte hotel. A fine selection of rooms and suites offer an uplifting embrace with their Olga Polizzi design touches and prime views of the old town; some even boast a guaranteed outlook to Edinburgh Castle. A selection of special ‘Forte Suites’ include the J.K. Rowling Suite, a must for Harry Potter aficionados.
The hotel’s award-winning spa provides a tranquil oasis from the hustle and bustle of the city, where the inviting indoor pool, sauna and Jacuzzi provide welcome warmth on bracing Scottish afternoons, and a wealth of restorative treatments are complemented by the finest Irene Forte spa products.
Daily afternoon tea service in Balmoral’s dazzling Palm Court is a gastronomic treat, which can only be rivalled by dinner at Michelin-starred Number One restaurant. For a less formal dining experience, Brasserie Prince combines French gastronomic touches with the finest Scottish produce from land and sea, served in a relaxed, bistrot-style setting. Bar Prince delivers the perfect levels of sophistication for evening cocktails in the heart of Edinburgh, while whisky lovers will delight in a visit to the SCOTCH bar, which showcases over 500 varieties of Scottish whisky.
- Couples and families
- City breaks
- Whisky lovers
- Spa and wellness enthusiasts
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Indulge in afternoon tea in the refined surroundings of the Palm Court
- Embark upon a tutored whisky tasting at SCOTCH
- Retreat to the Balmoral Spa to enjoy the swimming pool, sauna and a range of restorative treatments
- Enjoy a tasting menu with paired wines at Michelin-starred Number One restaurant
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Stroll along Princes Street and the Royal Mile for a bustling immersion into Scotland’s most cosmopolitan city
- Delve into Scottish history at Edinburgh Castle and Scone Palace
- Discover the Edinburgh’s invigorating green spaces including the Royal Botanical Gardens and Arthur’s Seat