The hotel itself boasts all the grandeur of a Victorian Townhouse - think high, moulded ceilings, sweeping staircases and roaring fires - yet with a relaxed and intimate vibe, meaning guests could be forgiven for not wishing to venture any further from the confines of the hotel. The Townhouse Bar and Restaurant is popular with visitors and locals alike, serving bistro classics in an elegant and stylish setting. The K Bar provides fabulous cocktails and, with a regular programme of live jazz music, it is always a buzzy location.
Venture forth however, and guests will discover they are perfectly located to explore a range of quintessential London attractions. Just steps from 'Museum Mile' where the Natural History Museum, Victoria and Albert Museum, Science Museum and much more besides, jostle for attention, whilst the verdant green oasis of Kensington Gardens and neighbouring Hyde Park lies at the end of Queen's Gate; a gentle stroll through the park will bring visitors into the heart of the city's 'West End'. London’s iconic Royal Albert Hall is also just a short walk from the hotel, and The Kensington’s well-connected concierge team often have access to sold-out concerts and shows. For those wishing to add some classic British flair to their explorations, be sure to borrow one of the hotel's signature, powder blue vintage-style Pashley bikes to whizz around the cycle routes of the city in style.
- Couples and families
- Museum lovers
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Enjoy a gloriously global afternoon tea, themed around Phileas Fogg’s epic ‘Around the World in 80 Days’, which started and ended at London’s Reform Club
- Book in a spa treatment to look and feel your best whilst in the city
- Keep your toes tapping with live jazz and cocktails at the K Bar
- Taste a slice of the finest British produce at the hotel’s delectable, bistro-style Townhouse restaurant
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Visit nearby Kensington Palace and the Princess Diana Memorial Playground, perfect for families
- Indulge in some serious retail therapy in Harrod’s – or any number of Knightsbridge’s famed department stores
- Embark on a walking tour of the pastel-coloured houses of Kensington and Chelsea – the perfect addition to your Instagram feed
- Take in a concert at the acclaimed Royal Albert Hall
- Check out the latest exhibition at the world’s largest Decorative Arts Museum, the Victoria and Albert Museum, affectionately known as the V&A.