The original manor house is Jacobean, with an elegant Georgian façade added in the 17th century and new wings and buildings constructed over time. Many historic features have been retained inside; the dining room, with original panelling is the oldest room in the house, whilst the classic English stone floored entrance hall and living rooms have 18th century fireplaces. The drawing room features Rococo plasterwork and classic art pieces adorn the walls throughout the property.
Elegant and atmospheric, Cornwell Manor provides guests with a glimpse of English country life in the past, offering a timeless place for family retreats and a chance to imagine life as lord and lady in this once aristocratic home. Formal living areas are typified by family busts and portraits, with many bedrooms benefitting from views across the formal lakes and surrounding Cotswold countryside.
ACCOMMODATION AT CORNWELL MANOR
- Formal dining room for up to 16
- Living room
- Drawing room
- Breakfast room
- Children's playroom and staff quarters / 2nd kitchen
- Bedroom 1 - Large Double with en-suite bathroom, bath
- Bedroom 2 - Large Double with en-suite bathroom, bath
- Bedroom 3 - Large Double with en-suite bathroom, shower
- Bedroom 4 - Double with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 5 - Double with bathroom shared with Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 6 - Small Double or twin, suitable for children
- Bedroom 7 - Single bedroom or twin, suitable for children, bathroom shared with Bedroom 8
- Bedroom 8 - Single bedroom or twin, suitable for children
- Bedroom 9 - Double, with en-suite bathroom
NURSERY WING (Ground Floor)
- Bedroom 10 - Small Double, with bathroom shared with Bedroom 11
- Bedroom 11 - Double bedroom
- Bedroom 12 - Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom, shower
The Gardens: Vast grounds, lakes, woodlands, farmland, stables, pool, private chapel.
The Views: Countryside views across the estate, lakes and fields.
Why we like Cornwell Manor: A peaceful English country retreat with a classical feel in easy reach of Daylesford, Chipping Norton and all the Cotswolds has to offer.