Refreshed and revitalised for the 21st Century, Foxhill Manor is an escape-from-it-all classic in the Cotswolds, with one of the region's finest villages, Broadway, often referred to as 'the Jewel in the Cotswolds' brimming with boutique shops and cafés, literally on its doorstep. Provide a heartfelt and personal service, including full-time chef and driver service for short trips, bedrooms and suites are all individually and sympathetically designed, with large private bathrooms and the laid-back luxury feel of the interiors make for an intimate, boutique hideaway.
Originally known as Furzehill, Foxhill Manor as it is now called (largely because of the large number of foxes that could be seen roaming the grounds) is set within its own private grounds on the 400-acre woodland estate of Farncombe, in the Cotswolds, a lazy stroll from the pretty village of Broadway and a couple of minutes' drive from Dormy House with its excellent spa and restaurant facilities, with Broadway Golf Club set next door. Only about an hour and a half from London, yet a million miles away in terms of pace of life, accommodation consists of 5 large bedrooms and 3 suites with a comfortable lounge with roaring fireplace, dining room, ballroom and screening room for film evenings. Full use of the House Spa at Dormy House for a spot of celebratory pampering (they will drive you up and back too) and an attentive host team comprised of Chef, house manager and housekeeping staff are on hand to look after guests. Whatever the weather, this stylish retreat is a venue for every celebration offering country walks, tennis, golf and exploration of the Cotswolds' many picturesque towns and villages making it the complete country retreat.
- Lounge with large fireplace
- Dining room
- Professional kitchen
- Ballroom with space for up to 70 guests
- Screening room with TV and games console
- Bedroom 1 (Juniper) with king-size bed, en-suite bathroom with shower and roll-top tub, dressing area, coffee machine, TV
- Bedroom 2 (Oak Suite) with king-size bed, lounge area, en-suite bathroom with twin free-standing baths, coffee machine, TV
- Bedroom 3 (Willow) with king-size bed, en-suite bathroom with shower and roll-top tub, coffee machine, TV
- Bedroom 4 (Birch) with king-size bed, en-suite bathroom with shower and roll-top tub, coffee machine, TV.
- Bedroom 5 (Chestnut) with king-size bed, en-suite bathroom with shower and roll-top tub, coffee machine, TV.
- Bedroom 6 (Beech Suite) with king-size bed, separate lounge, en-suite bathroom with shower and roll-top tub, coffee machine, two TV's.
- Bedroom 7 (Hazel Suite) with king-size bed, separate lounge, sofa-bed, en-suite bathroom with shower and roll-top tub, coffee machine, two TV's.
- Bedroom 8 (Maple) with king-size bed, en-suite bathroom with shower and roll-top tub, coffee machine, TV. The room is set up another set of stairs in the 'crow's nest'.
All bedrooms have Wi-Fi, tablet, digital radio, bathrobes, slippers and hairdryer.
The Gardens: Terraced lawn areas and impressive gravel courtyard entrance.
The Views: Situated on the hilltop, country views back over to the village of Broadway.
Why we like it: Setting the standard for country manor house breaks, Foxhill Manor is equally suited to celebrity hideaways as it is for a relaxed gathering for friends or family.