Woodstock Lodge is located within the grounds of Blenheim Palace, the ancestral country house of the Dukes of Marlborough and birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill. One of the finest houses offered for rental in England, the lodge is just a short drive into the pretty market town of Woodstock, a charming Cotswold scene with cafes, restaurants and boutiques. Cotswolds villages of Burford, Stow-on-the Wold, Chipping Norton and Bourton-on-the-Water are all within very easy reach.
The neighbouring fields are alive with grazing sheep and wildlife in this most quintessentially English of settings, where striking modern architecture, history and fun spectacularly collide. The immaculately kept grounds at Woodstock Lodge are teeming with flowers and vegetation; the neighbouring hens provide fresh eggs, and, for those seeking a more active vacation, there's a large heated pool and an AstroTurf tennis court.
The interiors of Woodstock Lodge are filled with light, with a double height hallway, complete with piano and contemporary kitchen. There are lots of chill out areas, both inside and out, with a cinema room and pool house, the latter with its own gym/studio, pool table, bar, poker table and shuffleboard. The outdoor heated pool, hot tub, fire-pit and relaxed seating spots are a haven of relaxation in this idyllic setting.
The contemporary ground floor space offers several large, light living rooms, as well as a more formal drawing room and dining space, whilst young and old are able to enjoy films and sporting events in the cinema room. The fully equipped kitchen, breakfast bar and pantry are a haven for budding chefs, complete with pizza oven and breakfast bar.
- Bedroom 1: Master bedroom, king size bed with dressing area, large ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower and separate bath.
- Bedroom 2: Double bedroom, queen size bed with ensuite shower over bath.
- Bedroom 3: Double bedroom, queen size bed with ensuite, shower over bath.
- Bedroom 4: Double bedroom, queen size bed with ensuite shower room.
- Bedroom 5: Double bedroom, queen size bed with ensuite bath and separate shower and small dressing area.
- Study/office area overlooking the garden and pool area.
Second Floor :
- Bedroom 6: Attic ‘bunk’ room, with 4, single child beds. Separate bathroom.
- Single bedroom, sharing the bathroom.
Guest House :
- The housekeeper resides in the private guest house.