In our opinion the Reef Water Pool Villas are the best in the Maldives. There you can plunge straight into the crystal clear waters from a sheltered private deck. If the beach is your thing there are various options, from delightful Beach Pool Villas with private courtyards shaded by lush green palms to the vast five and six bedroom Residences, with their own kitchens, spa treatment rooms, saunas and fitness studios (as well as an extra bedroom for your private butler, or nanny if you prefer). Alternatively, you could take to the trees and stay in one of the lofty Treetop Pool Villas - at 12m above ground, they are the tallest rooms in the Maldives. For an unforgettable night, the Bubble sits in a totally private part of the island with access to both the beach and the island's lush nature. Ideal for romance or star gazing as you start your experience with a massage, then a BBQ dinner before sleeping under the stars in the privacy of your bubble.
Amilla Maldives offers two different spaces: the Kids Zone for younger children, offering both indoor and outdoor experiences, and the Teen Games Area, which has a variety of games and a juice bar more suited to teenagers.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
Like many places in the Maldives, Amilla Maldives makes the tropical island escape that many honeymooners dream of a reality, and we find the accommodation to be particularly private. There are no wedding or honeymoon packages available, but the team are flexible and accommodating so please talk to us regarding any specific requests.
- Dive and water sports centre
- Infinity pool
- The Jaavu Spa offers treatments from around the globe and has ten treatment rooms
- Yoga pavilion, with visits from teachers throughout the year
- Fitness pavilion
- Tennis courts
- Football pitch
OUT & ABOUT
- Diving and snorkelling in Hanifaru Bay, with good chances of seeing manta rays and whale sharks that feed on abundant plankton
- Snorkelling over the 'Blue Hole', a deep drop with extraordinary marine life
- Fishing excursions
WINE & DINE
- Wine buffs will love the extensive cellar and tasting sessions
- Amilla Maldives' 'Wellness Your Way' programme offers guests dedicated menus designed for a variety of culinary lifestyles including vegan/vegetarian, low-carb, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and keto.
- Japanese fusion dishes over the water at award-winning Feeling Koi restaurant.
- Sample homemade pasta at the Italian restaurant, Barolo Grill, with views over the pool and ocean.
- For a bit of Asian spice, head to Wok where you can rest your toes in the sand while dining.
- The Emperor Beach Club is the social hub of the island serving casual meals on the beach.
- Joe's Pizza overlooks the pool and lagoon and makes fresh pizzas to order.
- Start the day with a nourishing breakfast at Fresh.
- Light bites are available at Chill'd Café, as well as homemade ice-creams and sorbets.
- Baa Baa Bar is the place to head for cocktails on the beach as you listen to the sounds of the DJ.
- Sip Champagne at the Sunset Bar with live entertainment.