All bungalows are over water, but decisions need to be made about whether you have a private pool and where the best location is for you. The Ocean Pool Bungalows command a clifftop setting with views of the Indian Ocean, whereas the Deluxe Over Water Pool Bungalows have direct lagoon access and sunset views. If you want easy access to the beach, then consider the Over Water Bungalows, or if you prefer a more peaceful setting then the Superior Over Water Bungalows are the ones for you. If a terrazzo tub overlooking the lagoon is the order of the day, then you should consider a Deluxe Over Water Bungalow.
WINE & DINE
A great variety of drinking and dining options are on offer with access to seven restaurants spread over both Dhigu and Veli, boasting cuisine spanning Japan, Thailand, India, Mediterranean and the Orient. Veli has three restaurants and the Dhoni Bar which provides poolside refreshments and light snacks with unobstructed ocean views. Of course, if you prefer to be completely alone there are many “Dining by Design” options to choose from, such as a candlelit dinner on your own stretch of sand or desert island, a barbecue on your terrace with a personal chef and other countless secluded getaways. The staff at Veli will be happy to arrange anything you wish. For those not wanting a painful final bill, try the All-Inclusive package to cover all meals and a selection of premium drinks.
- Weddings – on sand, over water or on a private island
THINGS TO DO AT THE RESORT
- Balance Wellness by Anantara Spa – 5 treatment rooms; 2 dedicated to Ayurvedic therapies.
- Cocoon Medi Spa – offers the latest in aesthetic wellness with oxygen treatments and vitamin drips and an array of facials.
- Infinity edge pool overlooking the Ocean.
- Morning meditation.
- Fitness centre and beachside yoga.
- Spice Spoons cooking classes – Maldivian and Thai
- Cinema under the stars
- Sports including tennis, table tennis, volleyball, and badminton
- Deep Sea Fishing – morning or afternoon excursions in search of sailfish, marlin, and wahoo
- Aquafanatics – the watersports centre includes snorkelling, waterskiing, kayaking, parasailing, catamaran, jet skiing, windsurfing, sailing, seabob underwater rocket, speedboat, or luxury yacht charter, eco adventures with the resident marine biologist and Coral Adoption as part of the Reef Protection Programme.
- PADI Dive Centre – offering daily dives to over 20 nearby reefs and full and half-day “safari dives” to reefs further offshore. A full range of PADI courses is available for all levels.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Access to Anantara Dhigu’s facilities
- Fishing trips
- Surfing – local breaks from April to October and the “surf safaris” to the North Malé Atoll from November to March.
- Dolphin cruises