Cocoa’s dhoni inspired residences blend harmoniously into their natural surroundings with bleached wood and kajan roofs, accessed via wooden jetties stretching out into the turquoise lagoon. Each has its own private deck with floor-to-ceiling windows, and some offer private pools. Dhoni Water Villas are split over two levels with the bedroom in the “bow” and private deck at the “stern”. Families looking for value should consider the Dhoni Loft Water Villa with its extensive lower level living room that can be turned into a children’s room. For those seeking a private pool, the Water Villa with Pool category are set on a secluded jetty with superb ocean views. The two COMO Water Villas - sunset and sunrise - provide ample space with two bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms in separate wings connected by living and dining areas. They also offer overwater balconies and a large private pool. For the ultimate experience, the Cocoa Water Villa with Pool is the latest addition to the collection with a large terrace commanding sunset views and a 10-metre private pool.
There is no dedicated children's programme at the resort, though children are still welcomed and a good number of villas can accommodate families. Babysitting can be arranged, and older children will be able to take full advantage of the snorkelling opportunities, non-motorised watersports and the chance to learn more about the ocean and its inhabitants with the resident marine biologist.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
The weddings team at Cocoa Island aim to bring the personal touch to your special day, with opportunities for couples to curate their own menu and select all the individual details from flowers, musicians and a wedding breakfast. The sublime and secluded setting of the island makes it an equally attractive venue for a honeymoon, with plenty of thoughtful and romantic details to enhance your stay.
THINGS TO DO AT THE RESORT
- Diving - Cocoa Island is very well-placed for diving, with some of the best sites in the region only a short boat ride from the resort. There are at least 25 sites nearby, including a wreck, and the waters here offer options to suit all levels of competence.
- Sailing - catamaran sailing is available on a complimentary basis. Charges apply for lessons or for when you wish to be accompanied by a captain.
- Watersports – kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding and windsurfing are all offered on a complimentary basis.
- Surfing - some of the surf hot sports are within easy reach of Cocoa Island.
- Snorkelling - the two alluring house reefs offer the opportunity to snorkel directly from your deck. There is a wall drop off on the south side of the island where you will see an abundance of marine life, and on the north side of the island a gentle drop off with a sandy bottom.
- Fishing – keen fishermen can enjoy full day or half day fishing trips in search of Grouper, Wahoo, Giant and Bluefin Trevally, Red Snapper and Dogtooth Tuna.
- Spa & Wellbeing – day spa packages have been designed to maximise the COMO Shambhala holistic wellness experience. Treatments include interactive skincare therapies, Ayurveda and hydrotherapy.
- Massage classes – learn the art of massage from Cocoa’s expert COMO Shambhala therapists.
THINGS TO DO NEARBY
- Deep sea fishing trips
- Sunset dolphin watching cruises
- Surfing the local breaks
WINE & DINE
Offering some of the best dining in the Maldives, the menus at Cocoa Island are fresh, innovative and steeped in the nuances of South Indian cuisine and Shambhala influences, as well as offering Asian and Mediterranean classics. Ufaa, the main restaurant, offers informal dining beside the infinity pool and beach. The Faru bar provides a relaxing venue for fine wines, cocktails, healthy juices and light snacks. For more of a castaway dining experience, enjoy meals delivered to your villa or to a candlelit table on a dazzling white sandbank.