Cocoa’s rooms are inspired by local dhoni boats in bleached wood with kajan roofs, accessed via wooden jetties stretching out through the turquoise lagoon. Each has its own private deck with floor to ceiling windows and some have private pools. Dhoni Water Villas are split over two levels with the bedroom in the “bow” and private deck at the “stern” beyond the indoor living area and leading into the lagoon. Families looking for value should consider the Dhoni Loft Water Villa with its extensive lower level living room that can be turned into a children’s room. The Master Bedroom is in the loft with its own loo and the main bathroom is downstairs so children won’t have to disturb their parents. The Loft Water Villas offer more space with an outdoor shower accessed from the bathroom. For those wanting a private pool, the Water Villa With Pool rooms it on their own secluded jetty with ocean views. The two COMO Water Villas, sunset and sunrise, provide ample space with two bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms in separate wings connected by living and dining areas, overwater balconies and a large private pool. For the ultimate accommodation, the Cocoa Water Villa with Pool is the latest addition with its large terrace commanding sunset views and 10-metre private pool.
WINE & DINE
Offering some of the best dining in the Maldives, the menus are modern, light and steeped in the nuances of South Indian cuisine, as well as other Asian and Mediterranean classics and Shambhala cuisine. Ufaa, the main restaurant, allows one to dine casually beside the infinity pool and the sea, or you could eat like a castaway, with meals delivered to your private villa or to your very own private table at the beach. Faru, the bar, is where to relax with fine wines, cocktails, healthy juices and light snacks.
- Families who don’t need a kids’ club
THINGS TO DO AT THE RESORT
- Diving - Cocoa Island benefits from being brilliantly placed for diving, with some of the best sites in the region only a 10- to 30-minute boat ride from the resort. There are at least 25 sites nearby, including a wreck, and the waters here offer something for all levels of competence.
- Sailing - Catamaran sailing is available on a complimentary basis. Charges apply for lessons or for when you wish to be accompanied by a captain.
- Watersports – kayaks, stand-up paddle boards and windsurfers are all provided on a complimentary basis.
- Surfing - A good base for surfing as some of the surf hot sports are within easy reach of Cocoa Island.
- Snorkelling - is excellent with two great house reefs so you can snorkel from your bedroom. There is a wall drop off on the south side of the island where you will see an abundance of marine life. The north side of the island has a gentle drop off with a sandy bottom.
- Fishing – keen fishermen can enjoy full day or half day fishing trips booked at extra charge through the hotel, in search of Grouper, Wahoo, Giant and Bluefin Trevally, Red Snapper and Dogtooth Tuna.
- Spa & Wellbeing – Day spa packages have been designed to maximise the COMO Shambhala holistic wellness experience. Spa treatments include interactive skincare and authentic Ayurvedic therapies, as well as Hydrotherapy.
- Massage classes – learn the art of massage from Cocoa’s expert COMO Shambhala therapists.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Marine-rich house reef for snorkelling
- Deep sea fishing trips
- Sunset dolphin cruises
- Surfing the local breaks