Breath-taking views and the best of Thai hospitality are just the beginning of Dusit Thani's appeal. The resort is both family-friendly and achingly cool, so you can keep little ones happy without compromising on chic surroundings and an upmarket ambience. Located on Mudhdhoo island, close to Hanifaru Huraa UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, the island provides access to some of the world's best diving, with its own active house reef complemented by many other dive sites nearby. Whale sharks, manta, dolphins, rays and turtles are regular guests.
There are 94 villas, spread across the sands and through the crystal-clear water. All have lofty thatch roofs and display the same crisp, minimal design evident across the resort. There are six room categories, five of which have private pools - whether in enclosed private gardens or overlooking the lagoon. The Ocean and Beach Pavilions, located on and off-land respectively, offer large airy living spaces with two bedrooms, ideal for families; and there is also a decadent two-storey Three-Bedroom Beach Residence with a large private pool surrounded by sand and bougainvillea.
Children are both welcome and well provided for. Hours of fun can be had at the swimming pool - one of the Maldives' largest - and there is also a children's play area. Baan Sanook Kids Club looks after those between the ages of three and 11, with a magical tree-house and a variety of fun activities on offer.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
At Dusit Thani, weddings can be arranged in a variety of settings - on the beach, over the water, in the treetops, or in the harugue (traditional Maldivian pavilion). The excellent value wedding packages are inclusive of a dedicated wedding coordinator as well as a long list of special experiences, whether your ceremony is just for the two of you or you are planning a larger affair.
- Vast infinity pool over the lagoon
- Devarana Spa with treetop treatment rooms nestled in the coconut palms
- Fully equipped fitness studio
- Floodlit tennis courts
- Yoga instruction
OUT & ABOUT
- Diving, kite surfing, water-skiing and catamaran sailing
- Complimentary bikes for exploring
- Take a speedboat to Hanifaru Huraa, a feeding ground for manta rays and whale sharks (May-Nov)
WINE & DINE
- Relaxed The Market serves international dishes
- Delicious Thai dishes over the water at Benjarong
- Stylish, sandy-floored Sea Grill offers a seasonal modern menu and wine tasting
- Cocktails and tapas at Sand Bar