There are 94 villas, spread across the sands and through the crystal-clear water. All have lofty thatch roofs and display the same crisp, minimal design evident across the resort. There are six room categories, five of which have private pools - whether in enclosed private gardens or overlooking the lagoon. The Ocean and Beach Pavilions, located on and off-land respectively, offer large airy living spaces with two bedrooms, ideal for families; and there is also a decadent two-storey Three-Bedroom Beach Residence with a large private pool surrounded by sand and bougainvillea.
Children are both welcome and well provided for. Hours of fun can be had at the swimming pool - one of the Maldives' largest - and there is also a children's play area. Baan Sanook Kids Club looks after those between the ages of three and 11, with a magical tree-house and a variety of fun activities on offer.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
At Dusit Thani, weddings can be arranged in a variety of settings - on the beach, over the water, in the treetops, or in the harugue (traditional Maldivian pavilion). The excellent value wedding packages are inclusive of a dedicated wedding coordinator as well as a long list of special experiences, whether your ceremony is just for the two of you or you are planning a larger affair.
- Vast infinity pool over the lagoon
- Devarana Spa with treetop treatment rooms nestled in the coconut palms
- Fully equipped fitness studio
- Floodlit tennis courts
- Yoga instruction
OUT & ABOUT
- Diving, kite surfing, water-skiing and catamaran sailing
- Complimentary bikes for exploring
- Take a speedboat to Hanifaru Huraa, a feeding ground for manta rays and whale sharks (May-Nov)
WINE & DINE
- Relaxed The Market serves international dishes
- Delicious Thai dishes over the water at Benjarong
- Stylish, sandy-floored Sea Grill offers a seasonal modern menu and wine tasting
- Cocktails and tapas at Sand Bar