The sleepy BAA Atoll has been shaken to its reef by the arrival of the new kid on the block, Finolhu. Retro chic, vintage design, all day music and luxurious overwater and beach based villas combine to create the resort to beat all resorts for fun loving couples and families. Spa cabins dedicated to Hollywood stars and a retro camper van dictating the day’s activities are just some of the fun touches created to waken up the sleepy island paradise. While kids are entertained by vocational staff in the kids’ club or teens listen to the DJ’s sounds by the main pool, adults can languish over a long lunch at the Crab Shack on the Maldives’ longest white sand beach across the lagoon.
With 125 villas either nestled amidst the lavish vegetation or perched over the turquoise lagoon, some with pool and some without, there is a villa to suit every budget and every couple or family. All are equipped with a cutting-edge sound system, a ceiling fan and AC, mini-bar, in-room safe, luxurious bathrooms and either direct beach or ocean access depending on the location. The pool villas have private fresh water pools and WiFi is complimentary everywhere.
Finolhu was created with families in mind and they have hand-picked their staff to ensure your children have the time of their life. The Oceaneer welcomes those aged 4-12 with a pool and water slides, TV room and a mini beautician for the budding divas as well as a Little Chefs cooking class. Teens will love the sounds by the main pool, all manner of water sports and the cinema room above the bar. The Art Studio is fun for everyone to dig deep and find their creative talent both on canvas or in the kiln. Babysitting is available at US$19/hour and there’s no need to use precious luggage allowance on nappies as everything is available at the resort.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
Finolhu works best for families and if you are looking for a peaceful and private resort to celebrate your wedding or honeymoon, this is probably not the place for you. However, if all day parties are what you are looking for then Finolhu will hit the mark.
- Indoor- and outdoor gym offering yoga sessions and sports classes
- Cove Club Spa offering body wraps, scrubs and ritualistic treatments
- Water sports and dive centre
- Floodlit tennis courts
- The Oceaneers Club for 4-12 year olds
- 1 OAK Beach Club for live music and jaw dropping performances
- Art Studio
- Cinema Room
OUT & ABOUT
- Explore the stunning underwater world of the UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve and Hanifaru Bay to spot whale sharks and mantra rays
- Let a team of professional photographers treat you on a complimentary portrait session at the unique locations of Amilla and Finolhu
- Enjoy a fantastic film at the beach club’s retro cinema or play a game of tennis at the floodlit tennis courts
- Visit the THUNDERBALL and enjoy adrenaline filled motorised and non-motorised water sports, ranging from stand-up paddling to catamaran sailing
WINE & DINE
- Baa Baa Beach Club serving international food all day next to a live cooking station and beach club bar
- For premium views, visit Kanusan serving exotic dishes from the Asian cuisine
- Enjoy a wide variety of fish at Finolhu’s Fish & Crab Shack
- Deliciously spiced meat at Baahaa Grill
- Milk Bar serving healthy shakes, smoothies and juices
- Room service available at á la carte
- Unlimited beverages from a wide selection of cocktails, assorted spirits, wines and non- alcoholic beverages