With a list of activities and experiences as long as your arm, Kuda Huraa is the best equipped resort in the Maldives for curious, active families looking for plenty to do. Aesthetically it is the tropical island dreams are made of, but it also offers excellent diving, sports, dining and excursions as well as family-friendly accommodation and staff. A verdant tropical island with big rolling waves and an unspoilt underwater world just off-shore, Kuda Huraa is the perfect setting for a memorable family holiday.
Choose between an island Bungalow or Specialty Suite. All are characterised by thatched roofs, white-stone walls, teak floors, timber latticework and traditional wicker, rattan and oak furnishings in true Maldivian style. Bathrooms feature oversized baths with Indian Ocean views and outdoor shower gardens stocked with L'Occitane amenities. Bungalows are set on stilts overlooking the peaceful lagoon or have direct beach access whilst the Specialty Suites take full advantage of beach-life with private sundecks and al fresco dining rooms. Many accommodations have their own plunge pool.
Travelling is made easier by the provision of everything from push chairs to bottle warmers, playpens and baby monitors, and youngsters will be welcomed with beach essentials, a welcome toy, menus, bath robes and slippers. There is an excellent Kids Club for those aged between four and 12, and private babysitting is also available. The list of family-friendly experiences includes an interactive Marine Discovery Centre and programmes, from planting your own coral to dolphin cruises, sports, sailing and diving. Kuda Huraa also recognises the importance of time out for parents on holiday, offering an adults-only quiet pool, breakfast in bed, romantic dining experiences and pampering spa treatments after hours.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
Both are welcome and organised with aplomb, however, for romantic occasions, adoring couples might prefer the slower pace and more exclusive vibe at some of the Maldives' other resorts.
- Island Spa offering treatments by sun or moonlight
- Excellent water sports centre and marine life education
- Floodlit tennis court offering private lessons
- Tropicsurf Surf School open to all over the age of six (April to October)
- Adults' and children's pools
- Well-equipped fitness centre
OUT & ABOUT
- Seaplane surfing safari with expert guides
- Diving, snorkelling and shark safaris
- Experience a day as Robinson Crusoe castaways on your own private island
- Dolphin cruises
- Four Seasons Explorer, a luxury three-deck catamaran for cruising the seas
WINE & DINE
- Reef Club for sundowners and classic Italian
- Award-winning Indian delicacies over the water at Baraabaru
- International dishes day or night at Café Huraa
- Kandu Grill - sea-fresh fish and meat under a starry sky
- Two lounge bars for drinks until the early hours