Don't let the family-friendly branding mislead you. Gloriously isolated in paradise, Landaa Giraavaru is known just as much for its truly exceptional spa, unfaltering cuisine and impeccable service, meaning it is virtually impossible to return home without feeling refreshed, renewed and revitalised. The pristine island of Landaa Giraavaru is quintessentially Maldivian, with a thick cloak of jungle that stops only when it reaches the pure white sands and turquoise sea. The location on the UNESCO listed Ba Atoll means world-class diving and snorkelling, while on land staff provide renowned Four Seasons service. The resort is connected with sister property Kuda Huraa by the Four Seasons Explorer, a three-deck luxury catamaran which stops at various dive sites, beaches and remote islands as it sails between the two islands.
The 103 villas at Landaa Giraavaru are located either on the beach or straddling the water, with unbroken views of the exotic landscape. There is a choice of one, two and three bedrooms, with the option of a private pool. Each villa is designed to high specification and offers plenty of privacy, but if you are looking for maximum exclusivity we would recommend the three bedroom Landaa Estate, equipped with two pools, its own 80m private beach, vast alfresco living space and 24 hour assistance from warm and attentive staff.
Landaa Giraavaru is an excellent choice for families of all ages. The resort provides a wealth of amenities on arrival, including a personalised welcome pack for each child. There are two excellent clubs - Kuda Velaa Club for those aged between four and 12, and Majaa Maizan for teenagers between 13 and 18, with games, TV and activities including diving, fitness and sailing. Family-friendly activities here are endless, and range from diving (aged eight and over) to tennis lessons and boat excursions.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
The team at Landaa Giraavaru will be delighted to help you organise your special day, or indeed spoil you rotten on your honeymoon. Various packages are available, whether you want a simple ceremony on the beach or a larger event with catering, flowers and photography. There are a variety of settings to choose from, including pavilions, restaurant decks and, of course, the beach. Honeymooners are treated to a variety of experiences including massages, picnics and cruises.
- Floodlit tennis court (providing racquets and balls)
- Spa & Ayurvedic Retreat - one of Asia's leading wellness centres, with first class Ayurvedic treatments and wellness courses
- PADI 5-Star IDC Centre
- Scientist-led Marine Discovery Centre
OUT & ABOUT
- Dive with a PADI certified instructor in search of manta rays, whale sharks, dolphins and turtles
- Bicycles provided for exploring jungle trails
- Water sports including kayaking, windsurfing, jet skiing and water-skiing
- Join the Four Seasons Explorer and venture to Kudaa Huraa
WINE & DINE
- Italian specialities and lagoon views at Blu
- Al Barakat for authentic Arabian cuisine and shisha
- Café Landaa - international dishes by the pool
- Mouth-watering grills at Fuego Grill
- Dine in-villa, by the beach, or on a sunset dhoni cruise