There are 45 villas at Gili, each built on stilts over the water. If you really want to feel marooned, opt for a Crusoe Residence 'in' the water, only accessible by boat. Palatial in size at 250sqm, these castaway residences are on two levels with a roof-top sun deck with daybed and dining facilities, as well as an over-water sun deck, open-air private bathroom, and large indoor living area. Alternatively, the Spa Suites have a couple's treatment room, steam room, gymnasium and wooden jet bath on the upstairs terrace overlooking the lagoon. A daily 50-minute full body massage per person and up to a 20% discount at the spa are included. For the ultimate in privacy, the Private Reserve is a stand-alone villa suspended in the lagoon and only accessible by boat, with four bedrooms over two levels, a cinema, gym, spa, kitchen and waterslide.
Children are very welcome. There is no children's club but many of the rooms house families with room to spare, and the staff are sure to dote on younger visitors. Life on the water has pros and cons, and will be a deciding factor when it comes to whether or not the resort is right for your family.
CELEBRATE IN STYLE
Relaxed and informal, yet extremely luxurious, Gili Lankanfushi makes the most wonderful base for a wedding or honeymoon. The villas are extremely private, and your personal 'Mr/Mrs Friday' will make sure you have everything you need when you are hiding away from the world. Wedding and honeymoon packages are available, and include a variety of romantic experiences that will ensure you are lavished with attention, from spa treatments and sunset dhoni cruises to hideaway private dinners by lamp-light.
- Meera Spa offering treatments, sauna, steam room, and yoga champa
- Lantern-lit Jungle Cinema
- Large pool and fitness centre
- Watersports and Dive Centre
- Tennis court
OUT & ABOUT
- Bicycles with soft pedal pads to protect bare feet
- Sunset dhoni sailing
- Snorkelling and diving excursions at nearby sites including Manta Point
- Dolphin cruises
- Island hopping and sandbank picnics
WINE & DINE
- Beach restaurant for meals under the palms, with live cooking stations and music
- Lip-smacking Japanese cuisine with sea views at By the Sea
- Over Water - meat grills and international favourites overlooking the sea
- Chocolate Cave for home-made treats