Hideaway Beach Resort & Spa occupies the stunning island of Dhonakulhi in the north Maldives. The famous tropical palette of white, blue and green sets the stage for this slick, low-key 'hideaway', where a selection of villas shelter amongst the palms and stand on stilts in the gently lapping waters. The ethos here is one of tranquillity and wellbeing. Each of the villas has a DVD/Blue Ray player, home theatre surround sound system and air conditioing nad bathroom amenities are by Bvlgari. Arrival is by domestic flight and speedboat though it is possible to upgrade to seaplane.
103 villas of varying sizes and configurations line the pristine white sands, coconut groves and blue waters. There are eight villa categories, including secluded hideaways for couples over the sea, family villas on the beach, and the Hideaway Palace, five individual villas lying on a natural sandbank, surrounded by private infinity pools. The villas are some of the largest in the Maldives, and are designed to maximise the feeling of space and comfort, with high spec furnishings and fabulous indoor-outdoor spaces.
Hideaway has great family villas, a children's pool and babysitting on request. There’s a great children's club - Tender Heart Kids Club - for those aged between three and twelve, with playground, library, board games and bikes. The team will organise a variety of activities, including painting and drawing, film screenings, musical chairs, treasure hunts, races, and sandcastle building.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS:
A dedicated wedding planner will co-ordinate a traditional Maldivian ceremony on the beach, with the Indian Ocean as your backdrop. The ceremony is tailor-made but can include a 'flower shower' on your favourite island spot, wedding certificate presentation, French champagne and canapes, wedding cake, photographer, romantic sunset cruise with candlelit dinner on the beach. Honeymoons can be enhanced with private dining experiences, 24 hour butler service, sunset cocktails and / or dinner on the terrace of your private villa, a couples massage, transfers by 'Just Married' buggies, picnic lunch.
- Bicycles for each villa
- Waves - nightclub cum entertainment venue
- Hideaway Spa
- Sports complex with two tennis courts, volleyball, gym, and fussball
- Hideaway Bazaar
OUT & ABOUT
- Diving on the Haa Alifu Atoll - manta rays, dolphins, turtles and whale sharks
- Sail by Maldivian dhoni to an uninhabited island
- Cycling along hidden trails
- Try fly-fishing, pole and line fishing or big game fishing - and enjoy your catch back at resort
- Various cultural excursions
WINE & DINE
- International cuisine with a French leaning, themed buffets and a la carte options at Matheefaru
- Romantic private dining pavilions
- Asian fusion dishes with a sea view at Samsar
- Head to light, airy Meeru Bar for a light bite or sundowner