Accommodation at Kuredu begins with a clutch of entry-level Garden and Beach Bungalows, with myriad upgrades on offer thereafter. These include Premium Beach Villas, located directly on the island’s attractive main beach with all the resort facilities within easy reach, and ‘O’ Beach Villas, set on the more secluded north-east of the resort, and offering a bright and contemporary feel. The Sangu Water Villas are Kuredu’s over-water offering, connected by a wooden walkway which extends along a scenic stretch of the lagoon, or - for the utmost in seclusion - return to the main beach and select one of the Private Pool Villas. An attractive Jacuzzi Beach Villa is also available in each of three resort settings (main beach, ‘O’ beach and Sangu). Facilities and dining in the ‘O’ beach area are restricted to children over the age of 12, and in the Sangu area for guests over the age of 18.
The main beach area of the island is the family-friendly space, with a playground on the beach and a Kids’ Club offering a range of activities for children between the ages of 3 and 12. Babysitting is also available for children aged 3 and over. The Private Family Suite, as the name suggests, is the top accommodation pick for those travelling with children, with two bedrooms, a private terrace and swimming pool. A selection of other two-bedroom units in the Private Pool Villa category can also perfectly accommodate families
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
Ceremonial wedding celebrations can be arranged on one of the resort’s pristine beaches, or on nearby Dream Island (accessed by luxury yacht). Maldivian drum beats add a distinctive local flavour as you prepare to say your vows. Honeymooners are spoiled for choice for romantic settings for private candle-lit dinners on the beach and, again, the deserted sandbank setting of Dream Island is a particularly memorable place to dine. One of the prime villas for romantic getaways is the Sangu Water Villa Honeymoon Suite. Situated on the farthest tip of the overwater villa area, the suite features a Jacuzzi tub on the terrace and some of the best views on the island. The Private Pool Villas are another great choice for secluded luxury.
THINGS TO DO AT THE RESORT
- Learn to dive at the PADI dive centre
- Swim and snorkel in the pristine house lagoon
- Enjoy a pampering treatment in the Duniye spa
- Play a game of tennis on the floodlit courts or try your hand at padel tennis
- Head to the watersports centre for windsurfing, kiteboarding, paddle boarding, catamaran sailing or waterskiing
- Take in afternoon tea on the jetty of the Sai Kotari Tea House
- Play a few holes at the 6-hole putting course or practice your swing on the driving range
- Burn off some energy at the gym, or stretch out with a yoga class
- Unwind to live music after dinner in one of the resort’s seven restaurants
THINGS TO DO NEARBY
- Diving and snorkelling excursions to countless pristine sites
- Travel by luxury yacht to nearby Dream Island for an impossibly romantic beach picnic or dinner
- Embark on a dolphin watching cruise, or private speed boat excursion to the Noon Atoll
- Dine on the ocean floor at the 5.8 Undersea Restaurant at neighbouring Hurawalhi
WINE & DINE
There are four main buffet restaurants serving the distinct areas of the resort for breakfast and casual dining. For à la carte dining, choose from The Far East, with a focus on Japanese delicacies, fresh seafood at The Beach and Mediterranean cuisine at Franco's with herbs and spices fresh from the island's greenhouse. The Sai Kotari Tea House is the perfect spot for afternoon tea on the jetty, or perhaps an early aperitif. Seven bars offer a variety of settings and specialities, with live music to be enjoyed on some evenings and a resident DJ taking to the decks at the Babuna Bar on Friday evenings.