The island has just 19 houses, and your only decision is whether to opt for Ocean or Beach. Other than that, luxuries such as outdoor bathrooms, steam rooms and pool decks with swinging day beds are standard. The décor at Naladhu features lots of white, with natural wood and luxurious fabrics adding colour and Asian character. There are king size beds, and the design is airy and open, drawing your eye to the turquoise sea just beyond your private pool.
Cots are available and the staff will be happy to babysit. That said, our feeling is that Naladhu is more of an adults retreat than a family resort, and curious, active children may be happier at one of the Maldives' excellent family resorts.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
If your dream honeymoon involves relaxation, quality time together and plenty of privacy, Naladhu could be just the ticket. The resort also provides a lovely setting for intimate, tasteful weddings, with a choice of romantic locations including on the sand, amongst the trees or under a vaulted teak ceiling in the sea air. Arrangements such as photography, make-up, hair and flowers will all be taken care of.
- 24-hour gym offering yoga lessons
- Communal pool
- Overwater spa on Anantara Dhigu - or private treatments in your room
- Watersports and dive centre
- Tennis courts
OUT & ABOUT
- Set sail by dhoni to see the large pod of spinner dolphins living right on the doorstep
- Big game fishing for sailfish, wahoo, tuna, mahi mahi or giant trevally
- 'Rent' the marine biologist for a private snorkelling, diving or dolphin-watching trip
WINE & DINE
- Modern fusion cuisine and wine at The Living Room
- Champagne breakfasts, international favourites or barbecues in your room
- Baan Huraa for some of the Maldives' best Thai by the sea
- Private dining on the pontoon, beach or sunset cruise