Niyama manages to be family-friendly without alienating the most grown-up of grown-ups. It has sophisticated dining and excellent nightlife that features DJ sets in the world’s first underwater nightclub and cool lounge bars, whilst children are kept entertained at the children's club. There’s also a floating restaurant and an open-all-hours spa. Today it is perennially popular as one of the Maldives' best high-end family resorts. You can keep daytime leisurely, but there is always something going on at ACTIVE. Evenings are similarly fun: there are no fewer than eight unique drinking and dining options, including a slick rooftop lounge bar, dining pods in the treetops, and a fine dining restaurant marooned in the crystal-clear lagoon.
Niyama has 86 suites located either on the beach or on stilts over the water. There are romantic studios as well as one and two bedroom pavilions suitable for families and many have a luxurious private pool where you can while away the day without seeing another soul. The décor is crisp and fresh in true Maldivian style, with big views of the beach, sea and sky. If you are travelling as a larger party, The Crescent provides overwater accommodation for up to 14 adults and eight children in a self-contained group of four villas separated from the white sands by a private walkway. There, two private butlers, a chef and a house-keeper will be on hand to take care of every wish.
The children's club at Niyama caters for children between the ages of one and 12 years. The ratio of staff to children is very much in the children's favour, and they will benefit from a stimulating, fun programme of activities that remains flexible dependent on the children within the group. For activities, little ones will be split into four age groups, and there is also a room for siestas. The great thing at Niyama is that adults can party the night away safe in the knowledge that children are cared for by highly-qualified staff.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
The choice of beautiful settings at Niyama means you will be spoilt for choice when it comes to taking your vows or celebrating your recent marriage. Take your vows on the white sands, over the water or amongst the trees, sail into the sunset with a glass of champagne, or enjoy a memorable lamp-lit dinner in a secret location known only to your personal waiter and chefs. Please note: ceremonies are not legally binding.
- LIME spa offering pampering 23 hours a day
- The LAIR - lending books, CDS and DVDs
- PUMP - 24-hour fitness hub with on-hand personal trainer
- ACTIVE - non-stop fun including pool, foosball, video games, Zumba and yoga
- SUBSIX underwater nightclub
OUT & ABOUT
- FLOAT for PADI certified diving and an array of motorised and non-motorised water sports
- Big Game Fishing for wahoo, tuna, mahi or giant trevally
- Dhonis on hand to sail you to castaway islands
- Book a berth on the hotel's speedboat and explore the house reef
WINE & DINE
- Delicious Asian cuisine in a pod in the banyans at Nest
- Edge - fine dining over the water, accessible only by boat
- International grills by the camp fire at Tribal
- Laid-back a la carte at Epicure
- BLU - relaxed meals, ice cream and poolside cabanas
- Burgers and pizzas at Dune