Summer 2021 saw a new vibe waking up the sleepy Maldivian sandbanks with the arrival of Patina Maldives, opening on the stunning Fari Islands in the North Malé Atoll. Patina’s concept offers guests access to not just its own facilities, but to the Fari Marina with its shops, art galleries and restaurants, and to the Fari Beach Club with its Michelin starred chef-cum-DJ and visiting international DJs bringing the club to life in a memorable way. With the addition of the Ritz-Carlton (and Capella at a later date), there will soon be access to three 5-star luxury resorts within a 10-minute boat ride of each other, where guests from each resort can dine and take advantage of the other resorts’ facilities, charging any extras back to their bill.
With the Fari Islands' resorts all donating a percentage of their revenue to fund local projects, guests can enjoy a guilt-free, decadent holiday in a resort where no expense has been spared. Patina's design melds the outdoors with the interior and all villas enjoy a unique panoramic glass concept that can be fully opened to the warm ocean breezes. Subtle solar panels are dotted around the resort and the Haeckels natural cosmetics house has curated an exclusive range for Patina, which include products in capsule form which, when added to water, produce heavenly-scented insect repellents, tanning lotions and body creams which generate zero plastic waste. The theme of sustainability continues to the Footprints Kids Club, where children can use a 3D printer to produce their own creations on recycled plastic, creating an early understanding of protecting the environment.
Patina has 90 villas and 20 Fari Studios. The villas come in 1, 2 and 3-bedroom options either on the beach of over water, and all offer private pools. The 3-bedroom Beach House can be combined with six adjacent 1-bedroom Pool Villas to form a private enclave known as the Beach Collection, where a group of 27 can be housed with their own private beach. The Water Villas are separated by a sail and have been built higher above the water than usual to ensure complete seclusion. The Fari Studios are located on the edge of Fari Marina Village in a duplex building with 10 studios on the ground floor and 10 studios on the first floor. These are ideal for nannies, extra staff or simply for those seeking a more affordable alternative to the villas.
Patina is ideal for families with children of all ages. Introductory dive lessons are provided to get younger visitors interested in the ocean, and the Footprints Kids' Club is the largest in the Maldives. It offers four separate areas including a special kitchen where children can cook with a chef, a laboratory with 3D printer for digital design, dedicated gardens and a chill out zone.
EXCLUSIVE GUEST BENEFITS
- Evening cocktails and canapés at The Portico
- Daily ice-cream at Tuk Tuk Gelato
- Complimentary return airport transfers for stays of 5 consecutive nights or more
- Dive lessons per child per stay
- Usage of bikes, snorkelling sets, stand-up paddle boards and kayaks
- Unlimited access to The Fari Beach Club and Footprints and the facilities of adjacent Fari Islands’ resorts
- Scheduled dhoni transport within the Fari Islands
- Expansive spa with facilities including a flotation tank, sound healing and hammam
- Yoga (on land and SUP Yoga)
- Tennis courts
- Watersports centre offering diving, snorkelling and a variety of motorised and non-motorised water sports
- Two swimming pools and a sauna
- Art gallery featuring James Turrell’s Skyspace
- Footsteps – the most extensive kids club concept in the Maldives
OUT & ABOUT
- Complimentary access to Fari Marina Village with retail outlets, art galleries and restaurants
- Complimentary access to Fari Beach Club
WINE AND DINE
Patina’s 12 dining outlets reflect its concept of conscious cuisine, focusing on practices such as minimising food waste and reducing carbon output. This philosophy is wholly embodied in the multitude of dining options that are available, from delectable Asian and international fare, the Maldives’ only Greek restaurant, innovative plant-based cuisine and three food trucks for those with more of a street food craving. Every palate is catered for and, once Ritz-Carlton and Capella, join the throng there will be 24 restaurants to choose from.