With the Fari Islands' resorts donating 1% of their revenue to fund local projects, guests can enjoy a guilt-free, decadent holiday in a resort where no expense has been spared. Patina's design melds the outdoors with the interior and all villas enjoy a unique panoramic glass concept that can be fully opened to the elements. Private pools are generous in size and bicycles are complimentary to enable one to explore the huge island. Buggies are on hand and the resort’s app enables guests to track their buggy and order food to be delivered to wherever they are standing.
With the environment in mind, subtle solar panels are dotted around the resort and Haeckels has created an exclusive Indian Ocean line of lotions and potions for Patina. These lotions come in the form of pills (light to carry) and when added to water, produce heavenly-scented bug sprays, tanning lotions and body creams with no plastic waste. And the icing on the cake is the brilliant Kids’ Club, Footprints, which has a laboratory where children can design their dream cars or homes and then use the 3D printer to print them out on recycled plastic, creating an early understanding of protecting the environment.
Art lovers should not go anywhere else. The world-renowned American artist, James Turrell, has created Skyspace, which is believed to be his last exhibition and is exclusively at Fari Marina. Additionally, six art pieces curated by The Artling can be found dotted around the resort, and Patina will host visiting artists to run art programmes at certain times during the year.
Wellbeing is covered at Flow Spa where the focus is on movement, nutrition, bio-hacking and nurturing therapies. These treatments aim to boost one’s immunity and overall wellbeing. Facilities include a flotation tank, sound healing equipment and a Hammam.
Patina’s 12 dining outlets reflect its concept of conscious cuisine, focusing on green practices such as minimising food waste and reducing carbon footprint. This philosophy is wholly embodied in the multitude of dining options that are available, from hearty Asian and International fare, with the Maldives’ only Greek restaurant, plant-based foods and three food trucks for those with more of a street food craving. Every palate is catered for and once Ritz-Carlton and Capella join the throng there will be 24 restaurants to choose from.
Patina has 90 villas and 20 Fari Studios. The villas come in 1, 2 and 3-bedroom options either on the beach of over water and all with private pools. The 3-bedroom Beach House and Pool can be combined with six adjacent 1-bedroom pool villas to form a private enclave known as the Beach Collection, where a group of 27 can be housed with their own private beach. The Water Villas are separated by a sail to ensure privacy and have been built higher above the water than usual to avoid passing swimmers looking in. The Fari Studios are located on the edge of Fari Marina Village in a duplex building with 10 studios on the ground floor and 10 studios on the first floor. These are ideal for nannies or extra staff or those looking for something easier on the wallet than the villas.
Patina is ideal for families with children, of all ages. Introductory dive lessons are provided to get the little ones interested in the ocean, and Footprints, the kids’ club, is the largest in the Maldives. It offers four separate areas including a specially designed kitchen where all the units are at a child’s height and where they can cook with chef, a laboratory for computer design and a 3D printer, dedicated gardens and a chill out zone.
EXCLUSIVE GUEST BENEFITS
- Evening cocktails and canapés at The Portico from 5pm to 6pm
- Daily ice-cream at Tuk Tuk Gelato from 11am to 5pm
- Complimentary return airport transfers for stays of 5 consecutive nights or more
- Dive lessons per child per stay
- Usage of bikes, snorkelling sets, stand-up paddle boards and kayaks
- Unlimited access to The Fari Beach Club and Footprints as well as facilities at adjacent Fari Islands’ resorts
- Scheduled return dhoni transfers within Fari Islands
- Playlists and smart booking options for resort services with the Patina Maldives, Fari Islands Lifestyle App
- Socially conscious, future thinkers who love the planet
- Multi-generation families or groups of friends
- Wellbeing aficionados
THINGS TO DO AT THE RESORT:
- Flow spa with flotation tank, sound healing and Hammam
- Pure hair and beauty salon
- Yoga (on land and Stand-Up Paddle Boards)
- Tennis courts
- Water sports centre – including diving, snorkelling and a variety of motorised and non-motorised water sports
- Two swimming pools and a sauna
- Dining from 12 restaurants including 3 food trucks
- Art gallery featuring James Turrell’s Skyspace
- Footsteps – the most extensive kids’ club concept in the Maldives
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Complimentary access to Fari Marina Village with retail, art galleries and restaurants
- Complimentary access to Fari Beach Club where the chef-cum-DJ has won two Michelin Stars