Vakkaru has 125 beach and overwater villas and suites with a natural aesthetic, blending in perfectly with the island’s coconut plantation. Accommodation ranges from one to four bedrooms, most with the beach on the doorstep and surrounded by swaying coconut trees. This resort is perfect for couples and families looking for that extra bit of privacy with barefoot luxury. For the ultimate over-water privacy try an Overwater Pool Suite with a large private pool, huge deck and separate living room. For families with small children, the multi-room Beach Villas offer direct access to the beach and lagoon beyond.
Believing in traditional family values, Vakkaru is ideal for families of all ages. Children aged between 3 and 12 years can enjoy the exclusive care and entertainment in the Parrotfish Club, the resort’s extensive kids’ club. Here, professionally trained staff teach arts and crafts, cooking and supervise the children as they splash around in their dedicated pool. Teens will be kept busy at the Coconut Club with plenty of land and watersports and scheduled activities both on and off the island.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
The Maldives is the ultimate destination for a wedding, and Vakkaru is the ideal setting for the perfect romantic ceremony. Honeymooners will love Vakkaru’s intimate private dining locations around the island and can also enjoy the surrounding sandbanks and a couples spa retreat in the Merana Spa.
- Merana Spa offers signature wellness treatments to find inner serenity
- Overwater fitness centre
- Dive centre for world-class excursions from beginners to experts
- A vast array of water sports including kite surfing, Parasailing, fun rides, waterskiing, wakeboarding, knee boarding, stand up paddle boarding, windsurfing and sailing
- Tennis, volleyball and badminton fields
- Free bicycles to get around the island
OUT & ABOUT
- Explore the underwater corals and wildlife in the world-famous BAA Atoll
- Swim with manta rays and whale sharks at Hanifaru Bay
- Visit Thulhaadhoo, the only island where Maldivians use traditional ways to create lacquer artefacts
- Go fluro night snorkelling or sunset fishing
- Set sail over the turquoise waters in a traditional dhoni
WINE & DINE
- For an interactive breakfast and dinner experience, filled with international cuisines, visit Amaany restaurant
- Savour in timeless elegance while enjoying luxury grilled fare at the island style restaurant Vakku
- A love letter to the Asian cuisine, Onu serves fresh and authentic South East Asian dishes
- Isoletta offers a truly delicious Italian dining experience, from contemporary lunch to mouth-watering dinner