Velaa Private Island opened in 2013 as the realisation of a dream to create a 'beyond luxury' exclusive boutique hideaway. A 45-minute seaplane flight takes you to this idyllic spot in the Noonu Atoll, renowned for waters rich in marine life and little on the horizon but a passing boat. Velaa's billionaire Czech owner spent years as a guest in 5-star resorts around The Maldives, taking the best of each to create this little gem.
The 48 villas on this Maldives island retreat are spacious with lush vegetation providing privacy from your neighbours, good sized private pools and either direct access to the beach or the turquoise lagoon. Bathrooms are filled with Clarins amenities.
The island’s Kids Club has indoor and outdoor playgrounds, a separate swimming pool and an activities menu which allows parents to unwind and treasure moments of pure relaxation.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
Velaa Private Island offers a secluded tropical retreat, perfect for honeymoon couples. Wedding ceremonies can be conducted on the jetty and a private white sand beach followed by a banquet buffet, live music and a memorable evening in paradise.
- Water sports centre
- Spa – My Blend by Clarins, includes a Cloud 9 Machine
- 9-hole golf course
- Covered tennis court
- Shopping facilities with fashion labels, jewellery collections and gifts
OUT & ABOUT
- Diving – Grey reef sharks, nurse sharks, the seasonal manta ray, black spotted stingray and the graceful eagle ray can be seen among the amazing Maldivian pelagic life at unexplored dive sites that are only fifteen minutes from the Velaa Private Island shore.
- Watersports – enjoy windsurfing, paddle boarding, sailing and explore the reef in the Sea Bob
- Cruises around the island including fishing excursions and romantic getaways
WINE & DINE
- Wine enthusiasts can enjoy The Tavaru Tower – the island's 22 metre wine cellar, which stocks 650 labels including a rare collection of Romanée Conti
- Rooftop bar commanding 360° views
- Restaurants serving a variety of cuisines such as Chinese, Korean, Japanese and modern European.
- CRU Champagne lounge and bar
- Pool bar with live music and creative cocktails