Set on the south coast of the island and located on one of the best white sandy beaches, guests seeking adventure or relaxation are well catered for at Shanti Maurice. The luxury boutique accommodation consists of private villas and suites, each generously sized and ocean-facing. The resort also offers bespoke activities and services with a fantastic range of onsite activities including sailing, kayaking and windsurfing, while dolphin-watching at Tamarin Bay is just a short drive away. Golfing aficionados can head to the nearby Heritage Golf Club while those with a penchant for tennis have access to two sheltered courts at the property. As befits a five-star resort it also boasts almost 7000 square metres of exclusive spa facilities.
With sixty modern Villas and Suites, none smaller than 81 square metres, Shanti Maurice is a small and intimate resort. The one or two-bedrooms Villas have their own garden, equipped with a private swimming pool and are always ocean-facing, giving you all the privacy and luxury you are looking for. The two-storey Junior Suites are located directly on the beach and are either Ocean View with balcony or Beach Access with ground floor patio. If you need to accommodate more people the Shanti Villa, having more than 800 square metres of indoor space, offers a view over the whole lagoon and the turquoise Indian Ocean.
With various suites and villas specially designed for families there are plenty of room types to fit most family groups. Children are kept entertained with a bustling programme for 13 to 16 year olds filled with adventurous and entertaining activities including kitesurfing and surfing. For the younger children there is a dedicated Les Petits Dodo Kids Club (3 to 12 year olds) that comes complete with its own toddler’s pool, games room (including snooker and table football), children’s DVD films, computers, play stations and Wii games. Extensive weekly activity, entertainment and excursion program, crammed with fun-filled pursuits for kids & teens mean your children won’t want to go home.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
With pristine coral sand coves at your doorstep and tucked away between tranquil waters and green sugar cane fields, Shanti Maurice is ideally situated for a romantic getaway for both honeymooners and weddings. Offering two separate wedding packages, including the Shanti Romance and the Shanti Island Paradise package, every wedding is guaranteed to be memorable. Honeymooners will enjoy the private setting while relaxing in the beautiful, luxurious setting of Shanti Maurice.
- Fitness centre including the Nira Spa
- Two floodlit tennis courts with complimentary coaching
- The Boathouse for non-motorised watersports
OUT & ABOUT
- Visit the Black River Gorges National Park
- Hike the UNESCO site of Le Morne mountain
- Walk to the iconic Alexandra Falls
- Gaze upon the Seven Coloured Earths of Chamarel
- Rent a bike or car and explore the island at your own pace
- Swim with dolphins at Tamarin Bay
WINE & DINE
- The main restaurant, Stars, serves dinner under the starlit night sky, preparing exquisite, perfect dishes
- Enjoy fresh grilled fish, meat and game while overlooking the golden beach at the Fish Shack
- Red Ginger Lounge: the perfect bar for pre-dinner aperitifs and late-night cocktails
- Taste the true Mauritius home cooking in the lush green gardens of the resort at La Kaze Mama
- Taste authentic Mauritian rum at the Rum Shed, a great place to meet new friends and have some fun times