The Oberoi is located on Mauritius' beautiful northeast coast amongst lush gardens adorned with Indonesian sculptures. The hotel's beach-front setting is both blissfully relaxing and beneficial if you imagine diving and watersports being a big part of your holiday. Bring your binoculars, and you might even spot leaping dolphins as you are reclining on the beach. The relatively small number of villas and large amount of space means the Oberoi has a lovely, quiet feeling.
There are 72 thatched Pavilions and Villas, all of which have a focal four poster bed and are decorated in mellow, soothing colours. Each bathroom has a separate shower and sunken marble bath overlooking an open air garden. The villas each have private gardens and alfresco dining areas, most with private pool overlooking the sea. The Royal Villa with Private Pool is the best of all, offering a vast living space including a high-ceilinged living room with panoramic sea views, a thatched pavilion in the garden for private dining, and a raft of entertainment options; all complemented by 24-hour butler service.
Though there is no children's club, young guests are welcomed at the Oberoi. Two children under the age of eight can stay in their parents' room complimentary, with extra beds provided at no extra charge. The staff at the resort are very welcoming, and there are a variety of options open to families, including sailing, snorkelling and excursions around the island.
WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
The flexible, personalised approach at The Oberoi extends to the organisation of weddings and honeymoons. The team will be delighted to assist you in finding the right spot to tie the knot - and of course with all the planning. Since spa treatments and private dining are high on the agenda, and the pavilions and villas are particularly private, the whole place is conducive to romance and suitably special special occasions.
- Two pools (one for adults only)
- One of Mauritius' best spas, with sauna, steam bath and pool
- Dive centre
- Hotel-run activity programme offering guided walks through the gardens, painting and sculpture, star gazing, cookery classes and wine tasting
OUT & ABOUT
- Watersports and diving
- Golf on the island's 18 hole course
- Visit the capital Port Louis for a taste of real Mauritian life
- See Chamarel's unique topography and waterfall
- Visit the Pamplemousses gardens
- Explore Black River Gorges National Park
WINE & DINE
- Main beach restaurant serving European, Asian and Creole dishes
- Excellent private dining options, including in-villa
- Live grill, pizza, pasta and salads at On the Rocks
- Catch your dinner in Turtle Bay and enjoy it back at the hotel
- Lively thatch-roof bar with live music each evening