Denis Private Island remains much as it was when it was discovered in 1773: a blanket of green running down to the picture-perfect beach. The exotic bird, mammal, plant and marine life remains much as it did then too, and daily sightings here could include paradise flycatchers, hawksbill, Seychelles warbler and green turtles laying their eggs - especially in October and November. To complement its rich variety of flora and fauna, the resort offers sophisticated accommodation with a focus on sustainability. Much of the island's food is produced on the island.
There are just 25 cottages, all of which lie steps from the beach, with sea facing verandas and private garden courtyards from which you can enjoy the location. The cottages are separated by lush gardens and hedges, giving the delightful illusion that you have the island all to yourself. Spacious and well-equipped, they can sleep up to five people meaning there is plenty of choice for both families and couples.
Most of the activities on offer are suitable for children as well as adults, and the wildlife conservation efforts are a real draw for visitors young and old. From visiting the giant turtle colony to looking out for rare birds and seeing the wonderful sight of hawksbill and green turtles hatching their eggs, wonderful wildlife experiences are a regular occurrence. Babysitting and early meals are also available on request, and diving is also offered to children. Please ask us for more information.
WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
The team at Denis Island will be delighted to help organise your wedding, whether a small ceremony just for the two of you or a more elaborate event; there is also the option of booking the whole island privately should that suit you better. Denis is a good choice for honeymooners with an interest in wildlife and culture, looking for something to do away from the villa and beach.
- Seychellois essential oil spa treatments offered in yourgarden
- Large central pool
- Tennis courts and canoes
- Library with books and board games
- PADI dive centre
- Canoes for sunset outings
OUT & ABOUT
- Underwater encounters with sharks, manta rays, turtles, and multifarious tropical fish
- Deep sea fishing experiences
- Guided naturalist walks to explore the forests and giant turtle colony
- Visiting the Old Village craft workshops and the farm
WINE & DINE
- Cuisine made with home-grown produce and fresh fish
- Creative buffets in the terrace dining room
- Barbecues on the beach
- Elegant five course table d'hôte dinners on the pool deck
- Candle-lit dinners on the beach or in the Wine Cellar