The 11 villas at 'North', as those in the know call it, benefit from the luxury of space both inside and out. They are dotted around the island to provide maximum privacy. Inside, spacious and sumptuous living areas afford magnificent views of the ocean. The style is Robinson Crusoe chic, with driftwood bed frames, bamboo showers, and shell doors, yet you will find home comforts whenever you need them. Large bathrooms have sunken baths suitable for two, and there is a second bedroom that could be an office or private spa treatment room if you are travelling as a twosome. Outside there is a lovely private plunge pool with ocean views, shaded by lush trees.
Children are welcome at North Island. Each villa has a second bedroom, and the staff will be happy to babysit and entertain youngsters - including during dinner. Everything is organised specifically for you and your family, so any trip - be it on land or sea - can be tailored to suit younger members of the family, with snorkelling and diving available to children over eight and 10 respectively. The abundance of wildlife - turtles, birds and dolphins to name a few - will also please younger visitors, especially as the environmental team is always happy to spend time unravelling the complexities of the island's wildlife.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
Honeymoon Beach, as it is known, is the most idyllic spot for weddings and honeymoon picnics. The small sheltered bay is accessed by a rocky coastal path, often following a short walk on Bernica Hill. There you can take your vows in complete privacy or with your loved ones. If you are celebrating your honeymoon, the North Island team will be delighted to set up a blanket and basket of fresh bread, cheeses, charcuterie and accompaniments for what will surely be one of the most romantic experiences you will ever have.
- Central lounge, library, dining area and wine cellar
- Gym and pool with sea views
- Health spa offering treatments anywhere you wish
- Dive centre
OUT & ABOUT
- Explore the island's nature with the environmental team
- Sailing, scuba diving and snorkelling excursions
- Watersports including everything from body boarding and kayaking to fishing
- Mountain biking and hiking along forested trails
WINE & DINE
- 'No menu' concept means what you like, when you like, anywhereon the island
- Drinks at The Sunset Bar for stunning sunsets
- Socialise at the piazza; retreat to the beach or villa
- Idyllic picnics on Honeymoon Beach