It’s hard to imagine the logistics that went into constructing a hotel here, but the pioneering architecture expected of Explora effortlessly camouflages itself into the surrounding mountains, the aim as always to divert and disconnect from the modern world. The onsite team entice you with all-inclusive adventures that roll from one day to the next; trekking, of course, with various degrees of intensity, rock climbing and expeditions to the Perito Moreno, South America’s most famous, breath-stealing glacier are amongst the many adventures on offer.
Intentionally minimalist lodgings are divided between 17 standard rooms and three suites decorated in forest green hues, light wood panels and picture windows to showcase the scenery. They’re purposefully pared down, with the focus on those stunning vistas outside. The quality, nevertheless, is of the highest standard, with supremely comfortable beds and luxurious linens.
At the welcoming restaurant, trekkers refuel on homemade empanadas and roasted Patagonian lamb. Sustainability and a farm-to-plate ethos is at the heart of the culinary offering here. The spa is a most welcome feature after days in the great outdoors, with open-air hot tubs and therapies designed to knead out any muscle tension left over from your expeditions.
- Couples & families
- Outdoor adventurers
- Set out on one of the wealth of guided and self-guided hiking trails that lead directly from the lodge
- Soothe tired limbs in the spa and outdoor Jacuzzi
- Sample the creations of award-winning chef Pablo Jesus Rivero
- Round off the day with a calafate berry gin and tonic in the Explorer’s Bar
Things to do nearby
- Discover the dazzling blue glaciers of Los Glaciares National Park
- Take a vehicle safari to the wildlife-rich Lado del Desierto
- Go rock climbing in Los Huemules conservation reserve
- Challenge yourself to a high mountain ascent in the Fitz Roy range