Outside, the Andean highlands, full of sand dunes, salt pans, volcanoes and clear blue skies, will lure you for days of invigorating activities. The resort's expert team have curated more than 40 adventures, each masterfully led by bilingual local guides trained at Explora's guide school. These include walks, 4x4 drives, cycles and serious mountain ascents. Riding comes courtesy of the property's stables, where 20 steeds have been raised and trained at a ranch in central Chile that belongs to the hotel's owners. Well-suited for riders of all abilities, they are looked after by a resident horse expert. This 17-hectare property is also equipped with an 8000-hectare hot springs reserve, an observatory dome with a powerful telescope and, for ultimate relaxation, a spa surrounded by pampas grass that boasts four pools.
In the main restaurant, breakfast sees a healthy cold buffet, pastries, eggs, pancakes and fresh fruit juices. Lunch and dinner menus celebrate local ingredients and change daily. Picnics are provided for day trips. Local artists perform Andean dances to traditional music in front of a separate quincho (barbecue) area, as guests enjoy spit-roasted lamb, beef and fish on the terrace. Guides can be found planning for the next day at the bar, where you can relax over an impressive array of Chilean wines.
- Lovers of the great outdoors
- Keen stargazers
THINGS TO DO AT THE RESORT::
- Indulge in a range of blissful treatments at the spa, with its four pools, sauna, steam baths, outdoor hot tubs and massage room
- Select a horse from the stables and ride through the desert with the hotel’s resident equestrian expert
- Feast your eyes on magical starry-night skies at the on-site observatory, spotting the celestial swirl of the Milky Way
- Dine on exquisite cuisine from a carefully crafted menu, accompanied glass of regional Chilean wine
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Allow the expert guides to tailor your perfect Atacama adventure, from leisurely half day desert hikes to challenging full day climbs
- Relax in the warm waters of the 8,000-hectare Puritama hot springs
- Go cycling on a tranquil desert ride or an extreme altitude exploration
- Challenge yourself with a hike to the Colorado Volcano