The family-run Hotel Panamonte combines boutique levels of luxury with an easy going, homely charm, and is one the best places to stay in Panama’s lush Chiriquí highlands . The hotel’s wood panelled buildings, shady porches and verdant gardens, bursting with sprays of colourful flowers, conjure up and air of cosy calm that pervades throughout your stay.
Visitors can choose from a tempting selection of rooms and suites in the main hotel and in a newer adjoining building a few steps across the garden. For a taste of the hotel’s history, you can stay in one of two Master Deluxe suites named after actor Ingrid Bergman and aviator Charles Lindbergh (both former guests at Panamonte). Alternatively, enjoy your own fireplace and bubbling jacuzzi in the spacious Master Suite, or wake up to views across the gardens and mountains in one of the eight Garden Terrace rooms.
Under the direction of owner and executive chef Charlie Collins, Panamonte has built an impressive reputation as a culinary destination. The hotel’s restaurant T’ACH presents an innovative menu that puts a contemporary spin on ancient Panamanian culinary traditions. It’s a gastronomic journey through Panama, prepared with the finest in sustainable and seasonal produce. To round off your meal, settle into the cosy El Salto Cocktail Lounge to sample the drink it’s named after – a naranjilla-based cocktail made to a secret family recipe handed down over generations.
Above all, Panamonte is perfectly placed to explore the stunning Chiriquí highlands region. The bustling town centre of Boquete is just a short stroll away, while the surrounding countryside offers a range of immersive experiences including river rafting trips, coffee tours, birdwatching expeditions and thrilling journeys through the jungle canopy.
- Hikers and outdoor adventurers
- Lovers of wildlife, nature and birds
- Serenity seekers
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Enjoy the tranquility and birdlife in the verdant gardens
- Feast on Panamanian cuisine with a contemporary touch at the T’ACH restaurant
- Dine al fresco under the grand mango tree in the garden
- Round off the day with hand-mixed cocktails in El Salto bar
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Immerse yourself in the region's impressive array of birdlife, with over 400 species recorded in the area
- Marvel at Boquete’s impressive waterfalls or stroll pristine cloud forests on one of the many local hiking trails
- Discover one of the region’s most famous exports with a fascinating coffee tour