In the northern part of Cusco's historic centre, this divine all-suite hotel was once a colonial convent, since refurbished to its 17th-century glory amid fountains and fragrant terraces. Belmond Palacio Nazarenas delights in details, like its choice of handmade soaps hewn from local ingredients, the chapel gallery that is now a flawlessly decorated lounge, and 24-hour private butler service.
More stunning still are its bedrooms: whitewashed stone, ornate antique wood furniture and balconies abound. Each suite has an oxygen-enriched air system to help guests acclimatise to Cusco's 11,000 ft elevation, and a bar equipped with locally sourced and fresh ingredients for guests to mix their own libations.
Ask your butler how to create the perfect Pisco Sour - they'll teach you. The hotel's Senzo restaurant hones in on classic Andean dishes with a twist, while the Peruvian equivalent of afternoon tea is served in the secret garden. Perhaps best of all, it is also home to the city's first outdoor heated infinity-edge pool.
- Couples and romantics
- Spa and wellness enthusiasts
- Lovers of culture and history
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Recover from your sightseeing with a lap or two of the outdoor swimming pool
- Tour the elegant on-site chapel, home to a magnificent art collection
- Indulge in a range of blissful treatments and therapies at the spa
- Sample one of the hotel's fascinating workshops which include ceramic classes and culinary experiences
- Prepare for a night in vibrant Cusco at the hotel's stylish bar with its talented Pisco mixologists
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Explore the mesmerising Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Scale the winding and atmospheric streets of San Blas Plaza for sweeping views of Cusco city
- Visit the imposing ruins of Sacsayhuaman