In between explorations of the city, a multitude of activities await at the resort, making it a particularly tempting option for an extended stay in Muscat. Relaxing afternoons can be spent enjoying the lagoon pools, the spa or the golden-sand beach, while more active pursuits include snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis. Five individual dining venues offer a range of cuisines and vistas, while the art-deco inspired Jazz Lounge provides an ambient setting to enjoy a nightly programme of live jazz, soul and blues.
250 classically designed rooms and suites offer garden, sea or mountain views from their expansive windows, and each features a balcony or private terrace. A collection of lower-ground floor rooms offer access to one the lagoon pools directly from their terrace, while suites offer plenty of additional space in their enhanced living areas, plus luxurious bathrooms with free standing tubs.
Children staying at the Al Bustan Palace are treated royally. Aqua Land is an expansive designated area with playground, children’s pool, mini zipline, soft play and water playground. The Ritz Kids Club offers a daily programme of activities which include seashell collecting, aqua aerobics, pizza making and movie nights. For special occasions, indoor camping experiences with personalised gifts and tent set ups with balloons can be arranged.
- Couples and families
- Beach and watersports lovers
- Active adventurers
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Take afternoon tea under the soaring domed ceiling of the atrium lounge
- Go kayaking or paddle boarding along the coastline, taking in the views of the Hajar mountains
- Retreat to the spa for a rose crystal facial and full body cleanse in the hammam
- Challenge the family to a game of tennis, or venture out onto the water with some windsurfing
- Enjoy a hearty seafood brunch under the palms at the Beach Pavillion Bar & Grill
- Absorb the sultry sounds of soul and blues at the Art Deco era Jazz Bar
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Embark upon a boat cruise to spot the shoals of dolphin in the shimmering waters
- Discover the treasures of Muscat with a private guide, taking in the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque and the bustling Muttrah Souq
- Go scuba diving in search of the colourful marine life that frequents the outlying reefs and islands
- Play a round of golf at one of the championship courses in the Muscat Hills
- Set out on a visit Daymaniyat Islands, a marine paradise offering superb snorkelling opportunities
- Spend a full day exploring the cultural treasures of Nizwa and the Jabrin fort