Alila Hinu Bay’s dining options cater for every taste, with a heavy emphasis on locally sourced organic produce. Fresh, Asian-inspired cuisine is served in the light-drenched setting of the SeaSalt restaurant, light bites and sweet treats can be enjoyed at the Lobby Lounge and indulgent Omani-Mediterranean dishes are on offer in The Orchard. There’s just as much choice when it comes to the resort’s activities and experiences. Discover an array of natural wonders including the verdant Wadi Darbat valley, Teeq Cave and Khor Rori nature reserve. Or immerse yourself in the local culture and history with visits to ancient sites like Mirbat Castle and the shrine of 6th-century holy man Muhammad bin Ali. Alternatively, indulge in a treatment at Spa Alila, which offers a range of natural therapies and rejuvenating spa sessions.
The resort’s 112 rooms and suites are all designed to make the best of Hinu Bay’s spectacular surroundings. Take your pick from a selection of rooms that offer a choice of views over the desert, lagoon or sea, each with a shaded terrace where you can sit and soak in the vistas. The interiors are just as alluring, with cool tiled floors, soft beds draped in pure white linen and luxurious bathrooms with oversized soaking tubs. For more space and exclusive features, you can opt for one the resort’s expansive villas, which offer spacious living areas, open air rainfall showers and private pools with views over the lagoon and ocean.
Generously sized guest rooms and villas plus a well-staffed kid’s club make the Alila Hinu Bay a supremely relaxing option for those travelling with children. Babysitting is also available on request.
- Couples and families
- Spa and wellness enthusiasts
- Those in search of some winter warmth
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Enjoy endless strolls along the expansive beach and lagoon
- Recline with a book by the inviting swimming pool
- Restore your balance with yoga and meditation classes
- Work up an appetite for lunch in the fitness centre or on the tennis courts
- Sample one of Spa Alila’s wealth of pampering treatments, such as a honey and frankincense sea salt body scrub
- Settle in to sundowner drinks at the poolside bar
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Venture into the rural surroundings, hiking past baobab trees to a nearby village to meet a local beekeeper
- Pay a morning visit to the lively market at Mirbat, returning to resort’s kitchen for an authentic Omani cookery class
- Spend the morning exploring verdant Wadi Darbat, a beautiful valley home to pristine waterfalls and turquoise pools