While there are plenty of activities are on offer for all ages; thrill-seekers can launch themselves from the top of Zighy Mountain on a tandem paragliding flight, soaring over the rugged coastline, to land down on the beach. Younger guests can be kept entertained in the children’s and teens’ clubs. After a busy day of activities, unwind in the sanctuary of the superb spa or enjoy movies and popcorn under the stars. A wealth of dining option are on offer to fuel your active days or lazy afternoons; these range from casual dining at the Spice Market or in the Summer House, to Bedouin inspired feasts on the beach or fine dining on the mountainside at Sense on the Edge.
All accommodation is in private pool villas, constructed in local materials in order to sit in perfect harmony with their natural surroundings. All feature a private plunge pool, a sun terrace and outdoor dining area, as well as indoor and outdoor showers. Pool Villa Suites offer a separate living area and larger outdoor terrace and a handful of Duplex Pool Villas and Pool Villa Suites offer two bedrooms, a balcony and larger terraces and pools. For the utmost space and privacy, two standalone Beachfront Retreats offer three bedrooms, sea views and generously sized swimming pools and terraces, as does the four-bedroom Beachfront Reserve.
While even the classic Pool Villas can accommodate a family of four, the Two Bedroom Duplex Pool Villa Suites would offer considerably more space and comfort, while larger families or those simply seeking more space to roam both inside and out will find the Beachfront Reserve or Retreats cater perfectly to their needs. Children are welcomed at the resort, with two dedicated programmes - one for younger children and another for teens - in addition to the wealth of facilities including a play area, jungle gym and watersports centre.
- Couples and families
- Spa and wellness enthusiasts
- Lovers of watersports and marine pursuits
THINGS TO DO AT THE RESORT:
- Unwind by the pristine private beach or by one of the two inviting swimming pools
- Discover the rich marine world of the Gulf of Oman with some snorkelling or scuba diving
- While away a tranquil few hours at the spa enjoying the steam room, ice cave, hammam and a wealth of restorative treatments
- Indulge in watersports to suit every pace including water skiing, sea kayaking, wake boarding or sailing
- Retreat to the yoga shala to learn from the resident yoga master, perhaps complementing your practice with an Ayurvedic treatment
- Hone your culinary skills with an Arabic cookery class
- Dine in style on the edge of the mountains or with a Bedouin-style feast on the beach
- Embark upon a Dhow cruise at sunset with wine and canapés
- Enjoy a classic movie under the stars with Cinema Paradiso on the beach
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Marvel at the Musandam Peninsula by air on a paragliding or microflight adventure
- Discover the rock carvings, stone towers and canyons of Sabatyn, absorbing panoramic views followed by a gourmet picnic lunch or sunset meditation
- Hike along the coastal cliffs with an expert guide who knows the best spots for a cooling swim
- Visit Dibba and travel back in time exploring ancient Omani villages and archaeological sites