Thrill-seekers can traverse the rolling sand on a 4x4 desert safari, take to the skies with a helicopter tour or get a whole new view of Dubai with a spectacular skydiving trip. If you prefer to keep your feet on the ground, you can explore the 4,000-year-old Bedouin tradition of falconry or grab your clubs for a challenging round on the Jack Nicklaus-designed Al Zorah golf course. Head out on a nature-spotting tour of Ajman’s mangroves by kayak, take to the waters of the gulf on a paddle-board or indulge in some retail therapy in Dubai’s stellar shopping scene.
Oberoi Al Zorah’s dining options are polished and plentiful. Beachfront Aquario focuses on fresh, sustainably-sourced seafood such as bluefin tuna tartar, hand-dived scallops and a mouth-watering selection of oysters and caviar. There’s international cuisine at Vinesse, a stunning glass-fronted restaurant that seems to float on the reflective pools that surround it, where you can see your dishes being prepared in the busy open kitchen. You can also enjoy coffee and cake in the peaceful, book-lined surroundings of The Library or grab light bites on the go at the lively Poolside Lounge.
Oberoi Al Zorah’s stunning selection of rooms, suites and private villas reflect the resort’s contemporary, understated style. Dressed in soothing tones of white and grey and bathed in natural light, with polished tile floors and plentiful outdoor, there’s something to suit every party – from romantic couples’ breaks to full-scale family getaways. Premier Rooms and Deluxe Suites offer a choice of secluded personal garden or shady private terrace, while Premier Suites provide enhanced space and elevated ocean views. The expansive Kohinoor Suites come with a stylish central fireplace and the best sunset vistas in the resort. For unparalleled privacy and even more room, you can also choose from one-, two- and three-bedroom villas, each with their own private pool and 24-hour butler service.
With spacious rooms and villas, a dedicated swimming pool, kid’s club and babysitting, The Oberoi is a reliable choice for those travelling with younger children. The waterparks and wealth of entertainment options in central Dubai are approximately 45 minutes’ drive away.
- Couples and families
- Spa and wellness enthusiasts
- Those seeking a more peaceful side of the Emirates
THINGS TO DO AT THE RESORT
- Take a cooling swim in the expansive, palm-lined infinity pool
- Sample nurturing treatments or an in invigorating hammam in the spa and wellness area
- Work up an appetite for lunch with a spot of paddle boarding
- Spend an afternoon relaxing on the private beach or cycling along the seafront board walk
- Dine on the waterfront terrace of Vinesse, or beachside at Aquario
THINGS TO DO NEARBY
- Play a round of golf at the nearby Jack Nicklaus designed championship course
- Discover some of the region’s 60 species of bird on a kayaking tour through the mangroves
- Go dune bashing in the Dubai desert