Enjoy sweeping ocean views from the infinity-edged pool or venture down to the beach to set up camp for the afternoon, enjoying a full beach service as well as complimentary snorkelling equipment, paddle boards and kayaks. Tennis courts and a fitness centre cater to those looking to expend more energy, but it would be a shame not to pamper yourself at least once at La Serena Spa, boasting a range of treatments unmatched by any other hotel spa in Bermuda. As the day draws to a close you can feast on classic Bermudan cuisine at the cliffside Aqua Terra restaurant or keep the vibe casual at Coconuts Restaurant located right on the beach, and then head to the Sand Bar or the Clubhouse for hand-crafted cocktails and fine wines.
65 rooms and suites are furnished in a classic style in shades of sand and aquamarine to reflect the beachside surroundings. All guest rooms feature king-sized or twin beds, private balconies and pool or ocean views. Junior Suites boast unobstructed ocean views and spacious bathrooms with separate tub and rain shower. Perhaps the best views in the house are to be found in the Point Suites; situated on the very tip of the limestone cliffs jutting out over the Atlantic, the panorama is unrivalled and can be enjoyed from the comfort of your private hot tub on the balcony. Two-bedroom Club Suites offer condo-style accommodation for families or groups of friends seeking even more space, and two- and three-bedroom standalone cottages are also available.
Though there is no dedicated children’s programme on offer at The Reefs, the sheltered swimming beach and options for snorkelling and tennis will keep active youngsters amused. Glass bottom boat cruises and excursions to Crystal Cave or Dolphin Quest can all be easily arranged from the hotel, as can babysitting for younger guests. Accommodation at the resort is also well set-up to cater to families. Connecting rooms are available in the suite category, the two-bedroom Club Suites offer separate living area and kitchen or you could opt for a two- or three-bedroom cottage.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
The Reefs’ cliffside location makes a memorable venue for a Bermudan wedding. A team of wedding planners are on hand to arrange every last detail including flowers, catering and music while your guests absorb the sweeping views of Bermuda’s South Shore. Honeymooners visiting The Reefs can take advantage of romantic details such as welcome champagne, couples massage and private dining on the beach.
- Infinity-edge swimming pool
- Private, pink-sand beach and beach service
- Snorkelling equipment, paddle boards and kayaks for guest use
- Two tennis courts
- Fitness centre
- La Serena Spa with Elemis products and a range of Shankara Ayurvedic treatments
OUT & ABOUT
- Arrange a round of golf at one of the attractive nearby courses
- Take a catamaran cruise out to the reef to snorkel in crystal clear waters
- Go scuba diving to discover the pristine reef, and shipwrecks dating back to the 16th century
- Hire an electric car and explore Gibb’s Hill Lighthouse and Horseshoe Bay Beach
WINE & DINE
- Classic grill, home-made pizzas, salads and pastas served on the cliffside terrace at Aqua Terra
- Local specialities such as Bermudan Rockfish and rum cheesecake at Coconuts beachfront restaurant
- Light bites, beach cocktails and live music during the summer months at the Sand Bar
- Casual dining and sunset drinks around the fire pits at the Clubhouse Bar & Lounge