Echo Valley Ranch and Spa offers the perfect base for families and couples wanting to enjoy the great outdoors. Nam, the owner's wife, is Thai and has put her touch to the interior design which results in a quirky combination of country Canadian and Thai architecture.
This is the place where you are highly likely to experience the magic of wild animals roaming and flying in their natural habitat; Black bear and their tree-climbing cubs, bald eagles, red-wing hawks, mule deer and moose are all regular visitors.
The spa is the ultimate in the pampering stakes and offers a blend of classic European and authentic Thai therapies with rare luxuries like a mountain-mist herbal steam bath. The food at Echo Valley Ranch and Spa is excellent and menus can be tweaked to your personal taste. The talented chef champions eating fresh and local produce, growing many of the vegetables.
Of course, exquisite Thai food is customary, but the next evening it may be a hearty barbeque around the fire-pit, with working cowboys for company. They are potty about their animals and, as well as the horses, the ranch is home to a large four-legged family - all with names; from Don the donkey, four resilient moggies to a pack of working Border Collies; very friendly and often seen playing in the meadow. Just don't throw the ball for them, or you'll never get away!
Compared to others, Echo Valley Ranch and Spa is very reasonably priced. However, most of the guided activities carry an additional charge, enabling you to tailor your stay to your liking.
- Swimming pool, sauna and gym
- Daily Thai yoga
- Self-guided hiking - trail maps (and usually a Border Collie) provided
- Mountain biking - bikes, helmets and trail maps provided
- Fishing - rods and equipment are provided
- Cooking demonstrations, techniques and tips
ACTIVITIES NOT INCLUDED:
- Spa treatments
- Riding - lessons and guided excursions
- Hiking - with a guide and lunch if longer than 3 hours
- Fly-fishing - lessons and guided excursions
- For children - pony treks or short rides on Don the donkey
- White-water rafting (off site)
- Fraser Canyon safaris - for unbelievable scenery
- Gold panning