Surrounded by 80,000 acres of awe-inspiring wilderness and in the Cariboo region of British Columbia, Siwash Lake Ranch (part of the Magnificent 7) is a truly exceptional and sophisticated ranch with outstanding food and service. Food is grown or foraged for and fish caught and smoked on the ranch - simple but delicious menus perfectly executed. Depending on preference, there are various types of accommodation from lodge rooms to canvas cabins.
For the more adventurous, a canvas-clad cabin, remote and eco-friendly, with unexpected comforts like deep king-sized beds, fireplaces, al fresco showers and huge sun decks is highly recommended. Or for a more authentic ranch abode, a beautifully renovated log barn offering a bit more space, sleeps a family of four perfectly. Alternatively, one of the ranch house suites, each decorated differently with great attention to detail for unrivalled views of the lake and beyond. The owners put a big emphasis on sustainability and their horse’s welfare is paramount; all the horses are healthy and well-mannered and this is a ranch that can hold its head high.
- Riding - Wilderness trails, western-style tuition, outdoor arena. All abilities catered for
- Shooting range
- Wilderness survival skills
- Fly fishing
- Kayaking and paddle boards
- Water skiing (July and August)
- Outdoor yoga
- Mountain walking or hiking
- Grass badminton court
- For younger guests - A vast range of activities from cowboy skills, finding water and food, lighting campfires and star-gazing to animal tracking and fly-tying.
- Free-range children's club
- If you're lucky - a rare glimpse at the breath taking Northern Lights