Opened in 1996 Wickaninnish Inn is an eco-friendly hotel located in the heart of Pacific Rim National Park on Vancouver Island. A warm and welcoming, family-friendly inn commanding a stunning position on the headland overlooking wild Chesterman Beachand backed by virgin rainforest. The rooms all have luxurious bathrooms with soaking tubs and heated floors, fires for cooler days, and slate-tiled balconies with dreamy views. It is a surfer's paradise nd the place for long beach walks, cycling and good food and wine.
Tofino is 10 minutes down the road, offering a range of shops and restaurants should you wish to leave the many facilities of the Inn, including two restaurants, a library and a serene spa at sea level offering soothing forest and Pacific Ocean views. Also worth visiting is the Carving Shed, located on the beach, where Henry Nolla, a revered master carver, lived and worked and has left his mark on every post and beam and mantle piece throughout the hotel. Henry's Carving Shed is now used by local carvers and is open for guests to enjoy.
- Walk along Chesterman Beach
- Guide-led nature walks
- Fantastic hiking through the rainforest and along the coast
- Black bear watching (May to October)
- Kayaking and boat tours to see seals, sea lions, sea otters, eagles, and whales (March to October). There is also a small chance of seeing transient killer whales
- Visit Clayoquot Sound or Hot Springs Cove
- Excellent birdwatching
- Explore First Nations culture and traditions with a local guide
- Fishing for salmon, halibut, cod and rockfish
- Visit the Carving Shed to learn about the woodworking techniques of the First Nations
- Take the shuttle into town to explore cafes, shops and galleries
- Art tours
- Ancient Cedars Spa also offering yoga
- Celebrated restaurant, The Pointe
- Driftwood Café for light lunches and coffee
- Sea-view fitness room
- Priority bikes and safety equipment
- Beach toys and beach chairs, in season
PRE AND POST SUGGESTIONS
- Start with at least two nights in Vancouver to get over your jet lag and enjoy the vibrant city with its wonderful outdoor lifestyle.
- Fly from Vancouver to Bedwell River in Clayoquot Sound by seaplane and spend at least four nights at the incredible Clayoquot Wilderness Retreat. Activities here include riding, river and ocean kayaking, rock climbing, ziplining, mountain biking, hiking, fishing and bear and whale watching.
- Nimmo Bay is also a wonderful addition to your itinerary and four nights here would allow you to enjoy some incredible heli fishing, paddle boarding, ocean kayaking and Great Bear Rainforest hiking.
- Spend a week on board the magnificent Pacific Yellowfincruising the coast of the Great Bear Rainforest with toys on board including motor bikes for bear watching, water trampolines, water slide, fishing equipment and kayaks.
- Take the Rocky Mountaineer train from Vancouver through the stunning Canadian countryside and the Rocky Mountains.