Binicalaf has for many years quietly pioneered the luxury villa experience on Menorca. Originally a farmhouse, or finca, the honey-stoned property and its outbuildings have been sensitively restored to accommodate up to 16 guests in style and comfort. Surrounding the property, neatly clipped lawns edged with oleander and cypress extend seamlessly into 300 acres of private, arable grounds, criss-crossed with dry-stone walls and olive orchard, all bordering the coastline of this very special Mediterranean island.
Outdoor living at Binicalaf centres around the gated swimming pool, cleverly designed to blend into the landscape, and its adjacent, shaded summer kitchen and bar. Lawns are perfect for a game of badminton or volleyball, there is a small gym and games room and within walking distance is the sea and the beach.
A lovely staff is on hand to provide housekeeping and a cook service, with much of the produce sourced from the estate's organic vegetable garden. Several terraces are furnished for relaxation throughout the day, including a wonderful dining terrace, lit with lanterns and dotted with agapanthus, perfect for gathering all guests together, with views to the sea on the horizon.
Accommodation comprises a main house, and two adjacent cottages sleeping 16 guests in total. Please note there is an additional bedroom, however this room has four bunk beds which are suitable for children only.
- Bedroom 1: Children's twin room with en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 2: Double bedroom (can be made up as a twin)
- Bedroom 3: Double bedroom with en suite bathroom leads to indoor plunge bath (gated)
- Bedroom 4: Master bedroom with double bed, en suite bathroom and sea views
The bedrooms in the main house are not air-conditioned.
- Fitness and Games room
- Bedroom 5: Double bedroom (can be made up as a twin) with en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 6: Bunk beds (sleeps 4 children) with en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 7: Double bedroom with en suite bathroom
The bedrooms in the cottage are air conditioned. Please note these rooms are adjacent, but not inter-connecting.
- Bedroom 8: Double bedroom with en suite shower room
The bedroom in Cottage 2 is air-conditioned.
There is also a 2 bedroom Molino accommodating an additional 4 guests located 1.5km from the main house. This is available on request at an additional cost.
WHY WE LIKE IT: Privacy, seclusion and views to the Balearic Sea make for a very special location, but the lovely staff and excellent range of facilities available to guests make the property one of the best around.