The smart estate consists of a main house and a neighbouring guest villa. Although adjacent, the outdoor terraces are screened from each other while only the guest house pool is overlooked by the main house.
The Odysseus Estate is set in beautifully designed gardens, with drifts of lavender, mature olive trees and silver leaved shrubs, set against striking agapanthus and scented jasmine.
The property was designed to have a village feel, with rooms and areas set slightly apart from each other and joined by pergola-covered walkways planted with wisteria and climbers. Each bedroom has its own entrance and French doors to the terrace, no two bedrooms are internally accessible. A vast kitchen occupies the middle section, a living room fills the entire upper floor of the left wing and the right wing contains the bedrooms. Outdoor terraces wrap-around the property, providing the several spaces perfect for guests to gather, meet, eat, and enjoy the spectacular views across the Corfu Straits.
The specifications of this luxury Greek villa are extremely high, with individually controlled underfloor integral air-cooling and heating system, spacious bathrooms, and clever use of courtyards to flood the lower floors with a cool calm light. Plantings of bamboo in the courtyards add to the quiet, meditative feel of the spaces.
The unique feature of this house is the stunning 40m long infinity pool that runs along the entire length of the property, 1.4 m deep.
- Master bedroom suite 1; Double bedroom with a bathroom suite, opening onto rear courtyard and path to the rest of the house. To the front of the suite is a partial wall, in front of which is a double bed facing the sea with a private terrace.
- A twin or double bedroom, opening onto a bamboo-filled courtyard to the rear. Shower room.
- Kitchen, breakfast area and barbecue area large enough for everyone to gather at mealtimes. Rear and front terrace with large dining table.
- Living room with terrace, large fireplace.
- Bedroom suite 3 and bedroom suite 4. Same layout as master suite, i.e. double bedroom with courtyards to the rear but opening out onto the pool terrace.
- The pool here is an infinity pool that extends out perpendicular to the property.
- The rooms have the same layout as the Main House but are marginally smaller.
- The bedrooms consist of 2 double rooms and 2 Twin/Double