Il Palazzo stands proudly on the Grand Canal, occupying an 18th Century Venetian house with a striking Gothic façade and beautiful lancet windows. Conveniently located for the sights of the city and with delicious cuisine and rooms that pay homage to Venetian design heritage, it is authentic, grand and thoroughly indulgent.
Il Palazzo's proprietor Francesca Bortolotti Possati has worked tirelessly to preserve the building's original features and recreate the period in the interior design: renowned city textile designers Rubelli and Bevilacqua are responsible for many of the fabrics; and there are inlaid ceilings, Terrazzo floors, Venetian mirrors and Murano glass chandeliers. The hotel has 38 rooms and 34 suites in a variety of sizes, with suites providing extra living space. Many have views over the canals and the city, and some have private balconies from which to enjoy them. The interiors are uniformly Venetian, whether featuring the rich colours of the era - gold, slate grey and blood red - or more contemporary in feel, such as the Executive and Presidential Suites, which also have lofty panoramic views thanks to their location on the upper floors. Dining is a highlight, and if you're weary from the city you can always cross the water and use the spa at sister hotel, Bauer Palladio. A dramatic arrival by gondola is, in our opinion, the only way to make your entrance.
- Older families
- Culture vultures
Things to do at the property:
- Enjoy mouth-watering Italian cuisine with a Japanese twist at De Pisis
- Relax, cocktail in hand, to the sound of live DJ sets or instrumental music at B Bar
- Al fresco breakfast on the 7th floor terrace is a joy with unsurpassed views of the Venice cityscape
- Work off all that delicious food at the Fitness Centre
Things to do nearby:
- Cross over to Giudecca Island for an invigorating treatment in the spa at Bauer Palladio
- Head to Bar Canale for a drink or two in a magical canal-side location
- Be a gondolier for the day
- Explore the city's art galleries and sights
- Dine at Bauer Palladio's L'Ulivo for delicious organic cuisine in a peaceful walled garden
- Explore the world-renowned Venetian wineries on the doorstep