Immerse yourself in the heart of Chianti's countryside and stay in one of the region's most endearing properties. Accessed through wrought-iron gates and a private drive, Podere Mugnana dates back four centuries and was originally a farmhouse and watch tower for the nearby Castello di Mugnana, which can still be admired from afar and is especially magical as the sun melts into the horizon. In keeping with its splendid past history, the villa has been wonderfully restored with a dramatic, warm colour palette of various reds and earthy colours throughout and beautifully furnished with 18th century French antiques, heavyweight oils on the walls, exposed wooden beams and ceilings, terracotta tiled floors, intricate chandeliers and many original features.
No fewer than three stone terraces surround the villa providing plenty of sunny and shady spots for big alfresco family meals and grown-up evening drinks with a spectacular sunset. Enjoy freshly baked pizzas from the stone pizza oven under the beautiful vine-covered pergola. At the bottom of the garden, accessed via steps down from the terrace, there is a gated swimming pool, bordered by grass and a handful of sun loungers and shades, providing some welcome respite from the midday sun and endless fun for little ones.
- Bedroom 1: Double bedroom with king size bed, living area with fireplace, en suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 2: Double bedroom with king size bed, en suite bathroom with tub and over
- Bedroom 3: Twin/king tower bedroom and en-suite bathroom with shower
There is a dining area with a compact, yet well-equipped kitchen, making the guest house ideal for a family unit. The living area has 2 day beds and can be converted into an extra bedroom with shared bathroom.
- Bedroom 4: Queen sized double bedroom, private bathroom with shower
- Living area: 2 day beds suitabel to accommodate two extra children