Positioned on a promontory at the end of a dusty estate track, Sa Terra Rotja is a paragon of Mallorcan charm. Vivid green shutters, freshly painted to protect against permeating sea water air, gleam against the soft, salmon-coloured hue of the stone façade. Throughout the property, terracotta floors and oak-beamed ceilings top and tail an interior of carefully chosen furnishings and island-sourced décor.
A tennis court located close to Sa Terra Rotja is shared between the three villas and the dramatic coastline of Western Mallorca quite literally on the door-step, through a well-signed network of hiking and cycle routes emanating from the estate. The waters of a crystal clear, private rocky beach are a 15 minute meander through the olive groves.
Several steps below the house, surrounded with scented pine trees, a 15m heated pool is oriented to take in the full, 360 panorama, where a backdrop of sheer mountain scree descends rapidly into olive-carpeted foothills, before sliding casually into the Sea.
- Fully-equipped kitchen with SMEG appliances
- Formal dining and breakfast room
- Drawing room opening onto terrace
- Bedroom 1: Twin beds, sitting area, walk in wardrobe and en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 2: King-size bed with en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Master bedroom with king-size bed, sitting area, walk-in wardrobe and en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 4: Twin beds with en suite bathroom
Note: Twin beds can be made up as double (king-size) beds if requested in advance.
WHY WE LIKE IT: The dramatic panorama of mountain and sea, in this scenically spectacular corner of Mallorca is by itself impressive - but particularly when combined with the well-cared-for comforts and service that accompany it.