Tombolino is blessed with equally good access to Tuscan village life. One can walk or bike the flat terrain to Bibbona in just five minutes. Here there is all manner of distraction and entertainment; restaurants, bars, live music, tennis courts and a large playground for children. Settle in for a pizza lunch, shop for fresh regional produce or simply stroll around enjoying a tasty gelato.
Back at Tombolino the grounds are extensive, comprising a fruit orchard, vegetable gardens, formal gardens, open lawn and a private pool set in the natural woods and dunes. All together it makes for a beautifully kept private park allowing plenty of room to play and explore. Immediately surrounding the house are two thoughtfully furnished terraces; a breakfast terrace to enjoy in the morning sunshine, and an expansive teak terrace built around a mature umbrella pine for shade. The house itself is luminous, furnished in bright colours with décor reflecting the owner’s eclectic style. A complete refurbishment within the last five years ensures all fixtures and fittings are fully up-to-date, and a floor cooling system keeps the house wonderfully comfortable during the summer months. All guest rooms are en suite and the principal bedrooms share a sea-facing terrace, making this a highly sociable villa that lends itself to outdoor living. A seperate ‘Orangerie’ is also available as an additional accommodation option for larger groups (a supplement applies, and the space may be in use by the villa owners if it has not been pre-booked).
- Open-plan living / dining room with doors opening to main terrace
- Fully equipped kitchen, access to breakfast terrace
- Bedroom 1: King-sized bed, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 2: Queen-sized bed, en suite bathroom with bathtub, access to sea-view terrace with loungers (shared with Bedrooms 3 & 4)
- Bedroom 3: Queen-sized bed, en suite bathroom, access to terrace shared with Bedrooms 2 & 4)
- Bedroom 4: Queen-sized bed, en suite bathroom, access to terrace shared with Bedrooms 2 & 3)
- Bedroom 5: Queen-sized bed, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 6: King-sized or twin beds, en suite bathroom with bathtub
- Access to loft with TV / games room
- Bedroom 7: stairs to single bed on mezzanine, private bathroom, suitable for a nanny or older child
ORANGERIE (on request)
- Terrace with dining space for four
- Open living / dining area with kitchen facilities
- Bedroom 8: Queen-sized bed, en suite bathroom with bathtub
- Bedroom 9: Twin beds, en suite bathroom
WHY WE LIKE IT: The combination of both easy beach access and a wealth of attractions on the doorstep is not always an easy find from a Tuscan villa. Tombolino offers this convenience in spades, as well as wonderful grounds and generous outdoor living spaces - the ideal venue for a truly memorable family holiday.