Le Mas de Chastelas, an 18th Century country mansion that was once the country home of the Bertaud Lords, is one of the oldest luxury hotels in St Tropez. Two Italianate villas - the Palladian Villa and Tuscan Villa - have been added to offer accommodation in a variety of spacious rooms and suites sleeping between two and six people.
The charmingly picturesque house, villas and beautiful gardens of oak, mimosa, pines, lavender, oranges, and rose overlook the vineyards of Bertaud Belieu, known for summery rosé wines. Even though there is a complimentary shuttle service to take you to the nearby beaches of St Tropez, you will find it hard to leave the wonderful private gardens or the turquoise waters of the private pool.
If you stay at Le Mas de Chastelas on your holiday in the South of France, there is a choice between rustic French chic and more contemporary style in the 14 rooms and 9 suites. The Bastide Suite is the largest, ideal for two adults and two children, with an expansive living area and terrace; the Deluxe Two Bedroom Suite, meanwhile, is great for families with teenagers thinking of returning late, or anyone travelling with a nanny or staff. Le Mas de Chastelas also has a fantastic and flexible kitchen that creates both fine dining and more casual dishes, as well as a heated pool, tennis court and putting green.
- Couples or friends
- Self-sufficient families
Things to do at Le Mas de Chastelas:
- Spend time swimming in the heated pool or relaxing on a stylish lounger under the cypress trees
- Play a game of tennis on one of the hotel's hard courts
- Enjoy the beautifully-presented, delicious seasonal creations of La Table du Mas - by the pool, in your room, or at the restaurant
- Hone your golfing technique at the putting green
- Borrow a book from the library and seek solace in the garden
Things to do nearby:
- Wander around glamorous St Tropez and check out the celebrities and wannabes, or visit the 17th Century citadel (complimentary hotel shuttle service provided)
- Relax in the shade or soak up the rays on Pampelonne beach, one of the finest on the Côte d'Azur
- Head across to the beautiful, traffic-free island of Porquerolles and enjoy exploring the unspoilt landscapes on foot or by bicycle or visit the charming little village on the north coast for a pastis with the locals
- Have a day out en famille at Azur Park for child-friendly rides and crazy golf