Immersed in Chianti and just 45 minutes from Florence is del Monte, a smartly renovated country house surrounded with vineyard. Spacious, light and comfortable, Villa del Monte has five double, air-conditioned suites, each with en suite marble bathroom. A library, formal dining room, living areas and professional-standard kitchen provide plenty of space, with French doors opening onto the surrounding terraces with al fresco dining.
The focus for outdoor living is a 16m saltwater swimming pool, furnished with sun loungers and shady parasols, and surrounded with lawns, neatly edged with lavender, rosemary, and roses. Beyond the cypress trees, the view extends across olive orchard to the hills of Chianti, with its towns and villages ready to be explored.
- Sitting room with comfortable sofas and modern fireplace
- Formal dining room with seating for eight
- Modern kitchen with seating for ten
- Bedroom 1: Double room with en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 2: Master room with en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Double room with en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 4: Double room with en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 5: Double room with en suite bathroom
WHY WE LIKE IT: A comfortable and spacious property with a view that is quintessentially Tuscan. The towns and villages of the region, including San Gimignano, Panzano, Gaiole-in-Chianti, Siena and Florence, are all within easy reach.